Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR manager stuck on "syncing in process"

Regular Visitor

DVR manager stuck on "syncing in process"

I see this is not a new or uncommon problem, and yet I have chatted with, spoken to and had a technician to my house and no one seems to know what to do.  I've been told this feature is new and not yet set up in our area, and yet I used it before having my old DVR replaced over a week ago.  I feel with what I pay for cable I should be able to use this feature and someone should know how to fix it.  If someone can help with this I sure would appreciate it!  

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR manager stuck on "syncing in process"

what box is it?  what was the old box what is the new box?    This happens a lot when boxes are switched on your account and its not set up properly.   PM comcast joe here and give him your account info and he will have someone look into it to see if is on their end.

Official Employee

paknp wrote:

I see this is not a new or uncommon problem, and yet I have chatted with, spoken to and had a technician to my house and no one seems to know what to do.  I've been told this feature is new and not yet set up in our area, and yet I used it before having my old DVR replaced over a week ago.  I feel with what I pay for cable I should be able to use this feature and someone should know how to fix it.  If someone can help with this I sure would appreciate it!  

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Changed out my DVR around January 27.  In addition to not being able to sync my DVR online, I also can't access it my mobile app.  Called Customer Service yesterday.  Had to talk to three people.  Ended up being told to unplug the DVR (lost all programing) and reinstall my app.  None of this worked.  Still the same problem.  Help please.

New Poster

Same Issue,

Setup a new DVR on Firday, 02/08/2013. Getting the unable to syn with DVR manager since.

My account also shows a 3rd DVR called test ? should only be 2 , Bed Room (which is working fine) and Living Room ( Stuck on Sync).

Regular Visitor

I got the 3rd DVR from comcast the first one they sent to me and it was just a regular digital box and it did not even work at all.... they then sent a tech out and put in a digital box not a dvr. I called and had them bring the DVR box and They came back out this guy stunk to high heaven broke my TV stand stained my carpet with oil that was outside and left a box here that had nothing on it at all and told me he would call back in 1.5 hrs well it was over 6 hrs later he called back and nothing was on the TV at all... While on the phone the box and TV shut off for about 30 seconds and came back on and he said that it was just updating and hung up. I called in a few hours later as I finally was able to get it to work messing around with things it said to do online. but the guide never sat up for a week and the DVR and My DVR had just started to work when I finally got a nother new one as the remote with that one a lot of the buttonw would not work. On this one I have never had such a clear picture but My DVR wont work its stuck on sync for 4 days and I have no Guide except for a couple hours ahead, I have been going though this since mid Dec spent more then 80 hrs on the phone now and had my tv stand trashed. The tech that trashed it said he ran all new wires and outlets in the house and was here for 3.5 hrs and was here 15-20 min max. So I get calls every day from Different Mgrs wanting to come inspect his work. They NEVER ask if the equipment is working or anything. I cannot believe that they are allowed to treat us like this I wish I knew how to do a class action law suit. I sure would thats for sure as we pay for services and don't get them and they always seem to find a way to add something to my bill that I don't have I have to keep a close eye on it I am sure they have made Millions off of people that never notieced it.

Regular Visitor

My god who do i call about this ...I call 1-800-comcast they are clueless as to what i am asking about.

How do i get to the correct department that will help me snyc up my dvr was dvr manager. I have two HD dvr boxes both worked fine. I had to replace one on Friday the 8th of Feb. The new box will not sync with DVR manager. I can make the name display on the television but the dvr manager will not sync and saying it waiting to synce

Regular Visitor

Well everyone with this problem - don't give up.  This incident eventually was "bumped" to a tier 3 tech and as of a few minutes ago I have a working DVR manager. Since this was moved from tier 1, I have received several calls informing me they were continuing to work on the problem.  I think posting on this forum and then sending my account info via private message is what finally got someone's attention.

I called AT&T today to consider changing providers, but now that it is working properly I will stay with Comcast for now.  I do believe there are very inexperienced technicians at the lower levels, and that is frustrating, but I imagine that is true of all service providers.  

Official Employee

mrdsq1 & perro68,

There are tickets opened for you already regarding this issue. I will monitor them to make sure they are resolved.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I don't know if this will help anyone else but I spent hours reading the mauals and playwith my dvr and found kind of a easy fix at least for mine. I hit menue twice in a row and at the bottom of the left side there is a tabe for setup. I clicked on that then it took me to another page and at the bottom right side it said remote setup I went in and clicked on activate. it gave me a pin # and told me to go online and put that in but there is no plance online to add it maybe this is something upcoming and just not in this area yet. it was pretty soon after I did that my DVR on here went from sync to saying it was full and I could not do anything. but it had changed and was actually past the sync part and this morning its fully functioning. I cannot believe no one from Comcast told me to do that. I sure hope this helps some of you out there.

Regular Visitor

Yes i had already when in the remote access menu

and logged in online and i have the same synce error msg for a week now

Frequent Visitor

I am having the exact same problem  I got a different DVR on Friday..newer model I was told.  In my DVR Manager online, I can access the bedroom (older DVR) but not the new one in living room.  Same thing with the app on my phone. 

App says
"We found 1 cable box that  isn't eligible for XFinity TV.  With it being a new model, why isnt it eligible."  Why would I be given a newer model that wont work for z=xfinity when I have xfinity on my account?  It shows up in the DVR manager but won't sync to show scheduled recordings.

Model is DCX3400. 

Regular Visitor

LOL well sorry guys I said mine was working but it lists stuff but all it did was erase every program I had put in my dvr manually and when I try to put them in from here it says it did it but it does not and when I try to change the tv chanel on here it says that I a watching it on a TV that is non existant LOL... boy If they took off a penny for every mistake that there is with thier product we would be getting paid to use it.

Frequent Visitor

I can now get into both DVRs through the DVR Manager online and see what I have scheduled to record and recorded.

However, I still have the new VCR that isn't being recognized by the Xfinity mobile app.

New Poster

Everyone:  I finally have been able to get the mobile app to work.  I can use it like a remote; however, the online DVR Manager still will not work.  It continues to be in the neverending sync process.  I got the app to work by listening to the adivse of the last of several of the very curteous technicians who have called me over the past week to see if everything is working.  Her advise was to go ahead and start the sync process online and then leave it alone for at least 6-1/2 hours.  I did that and now the mobile app works.  It didn't seem to work for the online DVR Manager.  That has yet to be rectified.  Best wishes to all.  Keep the pressure on and the advise coming.

Regular Visitor

It "Seems" they have fixed the my dvr recording part but its hard to tell since every show I have wanted to record it has been marked TBD online same as on the guide on the TV. I have tried 2 shows that I did not want to watch and they did record but it still does not change the channel nor does the caller ID work now LOL fix one and take away the other LOL OMG this is just an ongoing thing I see

New Poster

Same here. DVR Manager is stuck on "Syncing in progress". I left it there for hours a few days ago, then gave up for the night. I tried again two or three more times, and im still getting nothing.

Regular Visitor

Just ran into the same problem...

1. replaced old DVR with new DVR
    2. initiated "Remote Setup" from the Setup DVR menu and received a code
    3. went to comcast.net/mydvr as instructed but couldn't find anywhere to enter the code
    4. clicked around until Profile indicated 100% setup and that my DVR was ready to manage
    5. DVR Manager shows "Syncing in Process" forever
    6. From TV listings channels can be changed and add Favorites added but can't manage DVR!

It looks like the only way people have resolved this issue is running the gauntlet of phone support and technician visits until they can find the right person.

@ComcastJoe, could you help document the resolution so we can help Comcast techs find the answer?  It would be great to stop all the randomization that both customers and Comcast folks are experiencing.

Thanks, Matt

Regular Visitor

Well, after several service calls spanning weeks, I still can't program my DVR online or through mobile apps.  Below is my continued saga and support numbers that might help others!

• <skip to bottom for secret support numbers if you don't want to hear my whiny saga>
  • ComcastJoe seemed to help others but never responded to this thread or the private messages I sent.
  • After several failed attempts with first tier support, I finally made it to tier II.
  • Tier II, found the billing plan was entered incorrectly.  There was no DVR service listed and they were surprised the DVR had been working with the remote control…which made me a bit skeptical they really found the issue.
  • I was bounced over to their Customer Retention group to straighten out the billing issues supposedly created by another Customer Retention agent earlier.
  • They flashed my DVR which removed all my recording schedules.
  • Went to www.comcast.com/activate/ and this time activation succeeded and shows as activated for the first time!  Might this have done the trick?
  • Logged into www.comcast.net/mydvr and it still shows that it’s synching.  No problem, right?  I should just wait 24 hours and then it will surely work. 
  • After 48 it still shows synching.  Dang!
  • Waited a week, no change.  Guess it's time to enter the gauntlet of technical support instead of spending time with my 3 kids this Saturday morning.
  • Called Tier II again and this time they reveal there is a special hotline for managing DVRs online…really?  Why’d it take this long to finally learn of this!?
  • This super-secret support group determined “a link is missing for the Comcast user” and said this time it will be fixed…of course they need to flash it again so I expect I will lose all the recording schedules I re-created.
  • I supposedly need to wait 6 hours before I use the DVR or try logging into it online, then they are going to call me when it’s ready.  One more hour to go, but I am not holding my breath this time

I am very disappointed in Comcast.   They have not offered to do anything to compensate for the hours of frustration or the gauntlet of agents they made me run through. What a waste of my time and of all their agent’s.  Maybe that’s why cable is so expensive.

So here are the support numbers that Comcast keeps secret so they can keep a bloated force of technical support people employed to spread customer frustration.  Get 'em before ComcastJoe removes this post!

Tier II DVR Support:  1-855-718-0802

Secret MyDVR Support:  1-877-599-1845

Regular Visitor

Well, that didn’t work either and I never received a call as promised. 

I called the secret team again, which I learned is the Applications team, and their idea this time was to send me back to their tier II support team.  I explained I have already spoken with them several times but the Application person told me I had been misinformed previously since they do not have a number for tier II and the only way to engage them is through a trouble ticket process where tier II calls the customer. 

I am now waiting for a call from another tier II in the next 48 - 72 hours.

New Poster

I also have the same issue ... when will comcast support get around to fixing this issue?

New Poster

I am having this same problem! I spent an hour on the online tech help. The guy told me he would send a signal through and it would work fine, but it is still not working!!!!

New Poster

My problem seems to be resolved. Im not really sure how or why, but it may have had something to do with renaming my DVR. Give this a try if you are still having problems:

1) Go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes (make sure you are signed in)

2) Rename your DVR

3) Click Save

4) Make sure that TV Control is turned on, and Default DVR is selected.

Again, Im not sure if this is what ended up fixing my problem, but it did start working after I did this so its worth a shot.

Good luck.

New Poster

I've renamed mine twice, still having the same problem, but thanks for trying to help

New Poster

I am having the same issue for the last two days. I've talked to five different comcast reps over the last two days and they still have no idea how to fix it. I would appreciate some support to get this to work. It's 2013 and comcast is still using 1990s technology. I am thinking about cancelling and I have only had the service for three days and I've spent over 4 hours on the phone with comcast reps and this is rediculous. The people that answer the phone have no technical knowledge at all, it's sad.

New Poster

Been going on 4 days now and still not working. Is there anyone at Comcast with any knowledge that can fix this?

New Poster

Tier II DVR Support:  1-855-718-0802

These folks only assist west coast customers and not east coast customers. :-(

Secret MyDVR Support:  1-877-599-1845

These folks are just Tier 1 and had no other success than the first seven folks I spoke to at 800-comcast. :-(

Official Employee

jrabdawg wrote:

Been going on 4 days now and still not working. Is there anyone at Comcast with any knowledge that can fix this?

Apologies for the issue you described. In looking at your account information, it appears that your issue is showing as resolved as of this morning. Thanks for your patience.

Please let me know i that is not the case and I can have the teams re-open your ticket .

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Mine is most certainly NOT resolved!

New Poster

same problem here.

what idiots, def the worst company in the world, by far.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats