Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR doesn't record the entire show.

ANSWERED
New Poster

DVR doesn't record the entire show.

I just got my service installed and every program doesn't record until the end. I went in and extended the record time from 3 to 5 minutes and I'm still having the same issues. I'm not happy. I switch from DirecTV and their DVR system and guide and remote were so much better. I have to go into every show that I want to record and go through all those buttons to set it to record way past the stop time? The info on shows too, usually it's only one or two cast members, it doesn't tell you when it first aired, and the font is so small. I think I'm going to cancel the service before my 30 days are up. Dish Network has internet and TV for 50 bucks a month for two years, locked in. I'm not happy with this DVR system and having to go through so many options to get where I want and it still doesn't work properly.
Accepted Solution

Re: DVR doesn't record the entire show.

I had to manually go in and go under options and record two shows passed their finish time. What a pain in the butt. Thank you though. I still wish the font was bigger on the guide and they would show more of the cast like they do with DirecTV. The guide without the DVR so much nicer
View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi MartiM209, I can assist you with your DVR only recording a portion of the show. Can you please send me a private message with your full address and account number by clicking my name (ComcastAmir) and then clicking "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I had to manually go in and go under options and record two shows passed their finish time. What a pain in the butt. Thank you though. I still wish the font was bigger on the guide and they would show more of the cast like they do with DirecTV. The guide without the DVR so much nicer
Official Employee

MartiM209 wrote: I had to manually go in and go under options and record two shows passed their finish time. What a pain in the butt. Thank you though. I still wish the font was bigger on the guide and they would show more of the cast like they do with DirecTV. The guide without the DVR so much nicer

I am glad that you were able to get this issue taken care of, and thank you for providing your feedback regarding the font size on the guide. To have your feedback considered please click on this link and let us know how we could make your experience better.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation