Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Now Adds 30 Minutes to all NBCSN Soccer Even If On Time Is Selected

Regular Contributor

DVR Now Adds 30 Minutes to all NBCSN Soccer Even If On Time Is Selected

This has just started in the last few days, but when I go to record Premier League matches on NBCSN the DVR adds 30 minutes of pad to each recording, even though I've selected On Time. 

Because they often run several matches back to back, this pad means I'm recording a 30 minute overlap on 2 DVR channels when I don't need to be doing that. I know there have been issues with Auto Extend, and maybe this is an attempt to address that, but 30 minutes late is already an option on each recording and it doesn't make sense to have an On Time option which the DVR overrides. Has anyone else noticed this on NBCSN, or other live sports in the last week?

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR Now Adds 30 Minutes to all NBCSN Soccer Even If On Time Is Selected

In setting up recordings for this weekend, there has been no change. All Premier League live matches automatically add 30 minutes to each recording, whether on NBC, NBCSN, or CNBC. Other live events, such as Olympic Trials do not add this padding. It is not possible to use the On Time option to correct. So by recording consecutive NBCSN Premier League programming Sunday morning I will have 3 DVRs recording the same channel from 11:15 to 11:30 (9am match overlaps until 11:45, between match Premier League Live airs from 11:15 to 11:25, and next match starts at 11:25).

I won't miss any of the programs I'm trying to watch, but it is wasteful and has not been an issue before last weekend. If an On Time option could be returned to recording Premier League live matches, that would be appreciated.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation