Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager

New Poster

DVR Manager

According to the comcast site my area should support DVR MAnager but I keep getting the message:

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household"

I have a DVR, I am in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.

Whats going on?

Tags (1)
Regular Contributor

Re: DVR Manager

I live in Boca and I had to order Anyroom DVR in order to use the DVR Manager.

Official Employee

Zed04 wrote:

According to the comcast site my area should support DVR MAnager but I keep getting the message:

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household"

I have a DVR, I am in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.

Whats going on?

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

We recently moved from DC to VA ( Alexandria) and have been using the Iphone and ipad app for controlling the channels and dvr recordings.  Our new boxes are cisco.. When we go to the apps we still show the old ones from DC. I have tried deleting and then reinstalling the app but still don't get the new equipment  what do I do

Regular Visitor

Any news on DVR Manager in Palm Beach?  The end of the year has come and gone.  I keep checking but get my SA box still doesn't seem to be compatible.

Regular Visitor

I had a similar issue where my box used to work but stopped working with DVR manager. I had a DCX-3400 box with the anyroom DVR. I had a tech out this weekend and they swapped my receiver for a New Motorola RNG200N, not the cisco one. When he left it wasn't working but half a day later it started working. So not really sure if that did it or if they did something else later. My suggestion is get a tech out and open the case upo. It should work. I'm in south florida west of Fort Lauderdale, pembroke pines area.

Good Luck!!!

Official Employee

toddnoch wrote:

Any news on DVR Manager in Palm Beach?  The end of the year has come and gone.  I keep checking but get my SA box still doesn't seem to be compatible.

DVR Manager is not yet available in your area on the DVR that you have. There is a required software and firmware update for in-the home Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVR's that is scheduled for your area. Updates are being provided in the thread below. Thanks!

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation