Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager will not recognize set top box

Regular Visitor

DVR Manager will not recognize set top box

Xfinity TV app says I have no eligible TVs.  TV listings show but DVR Manager will not show my set top box. 

The app is running on iPhone ios7.0.4. My set top box is the Motorola DCT6412 III. 

According to the research I've done the service is available in my area (47401, Bloomington, IN) and set top box should work with the service.  I also tried to sync my online Comcast account with Xfinity TV and it also said no eligible TVs.  Help!?!

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager will not recognize set top box

I have the same problem in Florida.  Comcast says I have to take my DVR to them and get a COMPATIBLE DVR  I think they should be bringing one to me. 

Regular Visitor

Pmg:  As far as I can tell from Comcast's own list of DVR's, mine should be working with that service.  I probably need to call them to try to figure it out.  I was hoping a mod might respond to me on this forum for an easier solution.  Every time I call Comcast, I get a person that has no clue what they're talking about, I'm on the phone for 2 hours, and nothing gets accomplished.  It seems the mods on the forums know their stuff much better than the phone people. 

Regular Contributor

If you all want to direct message me with your information, I can help.  Please provide the following:

1. Device make, model Eg: iPad 1, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini? (Not just IPad or IPod or IMac))
2. OS (name, version — please make sure you get ALL relevant numbers in the version number, Eg: IOS 7.0.1, IOS 7.0.4 .)
3. The version of the app installed.
4.Screenshots wherever applicable. 
5. Exact steps to replicate this issue.
6. Comcast ID

Frequent Visitor

I understand your pain  I finally got someone who seemed to understand and said he would

send me a new DVR and the instructions would be with it to install and then send the old one back.  Well the box came from Comcast today and lo and behold it was EMPTY!!!  I called them again and another gentlemen understood and said he would send me another one and this time I told him I was not paying $9.95 for shipping.  He assured me I wouldn't.  Let's see what happens when this other BOX arrrives

Regular Visitor

Thanks for responding Sharon.  The info you requested:

1 and 2.  Devices and OS--Set top box is Motorola DCT6412 III.  App running on 2 devices--iPhone 5 running iOS7.0.4, and Asus Transformer TF101  running Android 4.0.3.   Both are telling me no eligible TVs available.

3.  App versions--  iPhone xfinity TV Remote app version 1.20.0.34, Android xfinity Rv.TV app version v1.6.2.001

4.  Can't figure out how to attach screenshot here.

5.  Steps to replicate issue:  Turn on set top box and TV.  Install app on device.  Open app.  Enter comcast id and password to login.  Screen comes up stating: "You can browse TV Listing and On Demand content right on your device!  Unfortunately, we are unable to find any cable boxes eligible for tv control.  You'll be notified if any eligible cable boxes are discovered later".  If I click continue, I can go on to get the guide to populate.  But all tv and dvr functions are not operable. 

6.  Comcast id is:  adamssarah101@comcast.net

Just so you know, I've read all pertinent forum posts I could find.  I've reset/restarted every device, deleted and reinstalled apps.  I've tried logging in to manage the dvr on my desktop pc also with same failed result.  Every list of dvr's is see from comcast shows my set top box is eligible for this service. 

Regular Visitor

pmg:  Wow.  What a pain.  I'm going to try my luck dealing with this rep through the forum.  I've already had 2 terrible experiences with wireless router configuration issues trying to get help over the phone.  Both times the person I got was totally useless.  Ended up googling it and figuring it out myself on those.  I hope your issue gets resolved.  Keep me posted (haha, nice inadvertant pun) how it goes for you.  I'll do the same.  Good luck!

New Poster

I have ben having the same problem at zip code 33486

I have been told by different Comcast customer service reps that:

* the service is available but there is a problem on 'our' (comcast) server with your address
* the service is almost available, soon, but not just yet
* you need to hook your RNG200N to your modem with an ethernet cable
* the RNG200N is not compatible with the dvr manager

Geez, does anyone at Comcast know what they are doing?? 
Frequent Visitor

I have been informed by another comcast employee over the phone that THEY do not have a clue as to what DVR boxes ARE compatible with DVR MANAGER. I have totally
Lost interest in even trying to figure this out. I am afraid the time has come to switch service to a company that will give me results.
Frequent Visitor

Yes I also studied all of the boxes and by rights mine should work also but does not.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation