Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager service is confusing... help

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager service is confusing... help

Looks like our area just got DVR Manager turned on (way after other areas did).  The URL "http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr" clearly shows my default DVR so I know the system recognizes it.  Here is one big problem I am running into:

1. When I use the iPad XFINITY App to search for an OnDemand movie, I find it.  The same movie does not show up when I search for it through the OnDemand service on the TV.  When I hit "watch" on the iPad, I see a little radio wave icon with the name of my DVR on it, which disappears after a few seconds, but nothing happens.  How do I watch that movie on the TV?  It is a free movie as listed on the iPad, but it does says "Starzz" next to it (I don't subscribe to Starzz, so why would it even show up on the app and give me a "Watch" button"?)

Also, the app gives me an option to download the movie; does that mean I have to download it to watch it, and how do I show it on the TV if I download it?

I'm sure it's all quite easy, but with 3 differrent apps for Xfinity in the apple itunes store, and confusing listings that show up one way and not the other, I am confused and a bit ticked off.  This should be a lot easier.  If it's me, can someone help me out?

Thanks,

Mike

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation