Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager not working

New Poster

DVR Manager not working

Hi -- we got a new box without being warned that our old box would have all the DVR data and settings deleted.  The box wasn't even the issue with our cable and internet being disconnected, but there's nothing I can do about that now.

Now, my DVR Manager is saying that this brand new box is 100% full of content and it won't allow me to set up new recordings.  I've tried from my account on the computer and from my phone.  The computer just says that it's "syncing" and the sync doesn't complete.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager not working

Your dvr settings and shows are stored locally on your dvr, you change the dvr you need to reprogram it.

What cable box do you have now.   It is very common when you switch cable boxes for dvr manager to stop working as your account needs to be updated with the new box data and the old one removed for that to work that does not happen automatically.   You should pm comcast joe here and have him look into your account.   9 out of ten times its an account issue only comcast can solve.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation