Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager not finding my DVR after Bundle upgrade

Contributor

DVR Manager not finding my DVR after Bundle upgrade

We upgraded from the Starter XF bundle to the Preferred XF Bundle last night.  After the upgrade our DVR service was disabled as was the HD service. I calld Comcast to find out what happened and after talking to 5 techs to no avail and scheduling a trouble call I finally called sales back and it seems the person who upgraded the package didn't include HD/DVR service.  So, she fixed that.  Now I have my DVR working and my HD channels but my DVR Manager is no longer working.  It worked perfectly fine before the upgrade.  Now I am getting this message.  "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."  It is so VERY frustrating that almost every time you make a change with Comcast you practically have to start from the beginning because other things get messed up.  Any ideas on how to get my DVR manager working again?  I really don't want to be on hold for another tech support person in another country who is reading from a script and has no clue what DVR manager even is.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: DVR Manager not finding my DVR after Bundle upgrade

If they put the codes back correctly on your account, it can take up towards 48 hours for the DVR to show up again.

If they didn't code your account correctly and it doesn't come back in 48 hours, then you will need to contact Comcast support again and they will need to code the DVR properly for the DVR manager to work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you, Jay.

Cable Expert

If it does not work by Monday, you can email to we_can_help@cable.comcast.com instead of calling.  This Corp team will get the right local people involved to get it fixed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you very much.  A few months back the DVR manager had stopped working after being fine for months.  It took 4 different techs out here and many phone calls and I was really dreading having to go through all that again.  One tech had even called a level above him and he was on speaker and the level above him didn't even know what the DVR manager was.  So, I really appreciate your replies.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation