Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager issues

New Poster

DVR Manager issues

I have a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA SARNG200 in my home and I have been through the DVT manager setup SOOOOO many times and get the same message.

DVR Manager service is available in your area BUT no compatable system is detected in your household.

I have called 3 times and been onto level 2 twice. Still no service and nothing changed.

I have re-booted the DVR 2 times. supplied the SN 4 times. They have sent a signal god knows how many times.

Still get the same message no matter which way I go into DVR manager setup.

VERY frustrating

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager issues

Exact same issue for 18+ months , one tech contradicts the other, as to the pros on the phone , im looking into other providers.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

keistratt wrote:

I have a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA SARNG200 in my home and I have been through the DVT manager setup SOOOOO many times and get the same message.

DVR Manager service is available in your area BUT no compatable system is detected in your household.

I have called 3 times and been onto level 2 twice. Still no service and nothing changed.

I have re-booted the DVR 2 times. supplied the SN 4 times. They have sent a signal god knows how many times.

Still get the same message no matter which way I go into DVR manager setup.

VERY frustrating

Apologies for the issue you described above and for any conflicting information you may have been given.

You have two options in your area of Florida for DVR Manager:

- In your area of FL, On-Screen Guide 2.0 (including DVR Manager) is definitely available today when you have a subscription to AnyRoom DVR. We would need to professionally install new cable boxes. On-Screen Guide 2.0 includes DVR Manager, Caller ID to the TV and many other new features. More info here: http://www.xfinity.com/onscreenguide2

Give us a call at 1-800-COMCAST and ask for AnyRoom DVR and we will get you set up.

If you don't want or need AnyRoom DVR, a new version of the guide software is required before DVR Manager will work. That is scheduled for all of our areas where we use Scientific-Atlanta or Cisco branded cable boxes (including your area of FL currently scheduled for over this summer). No new box is required with this option.

That new guide update would include DVR Manager and other features (like Caller ID to the TV). More information here: http://www.xfinity.com/meetyourguide

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

MCO1CMCST wrote:

Exact same issue for 18+ months , one tech contradicts the other, as to the pros on the phone , im looking into other providers.

See answer above this post. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I will look into the Anyroom DVR to see what the extra cost might be if anything. As I have just the 1 TV AnyRoom is pointless really.

I like some features and the fact its NEW. All the DVR's I have had are OLD refirbished ones and I get so many issues so a NEW DVR might fix a lot of them also.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation