Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager isn't working for me

New Poster

DVR Manager isn't working for me

Hello!  I have 4 DVR's using the Cisco RNG200N boxes.  Installation took 5 visits from the techs, but most everything works now.  Before everything was working, I was able to use the DVR Manager and now I can't. I called support several days ago.  They couldn't help and created a problem ticket, and I haven't heard back.  I'm in zip code 33467.  When I go to DVR Manager it says it is available in my area, but I don't have any compatible DVR's.  I'm also not able to give my DVR's a name on the web site.  Everything else is going OK now.  

Does anybody know how I can get this to work?  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager isn't working for me

so are you saying you had this working before and you got new boxes and now its not working?  If you have waited a few days and it still does not work comcast is going to have to do something on their end.  comcasted will be back tomorrow and can have someone look at your account.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  They had trouble getting Anywhere DVR to work, so I agreed to just use separate DVR's.  The boxes are actually the same (I think) Cisco RNG200N, but since that change was made I am unable to use the DVR Manager.  

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I best get in touch with Comcast Ed?  

Silver Problem Solver

sorry comcastjoe monitors this thread and will see your post and contact you most likely tomorrow.  comcast most likely has not updated your account with this info for the new boxes yet.

Official Employee

mbspears wrote:

Hello!  I have 4 DVR's using the Cisco RNG200N boxes.  Installation took 5 visits from the techs, but most everything works now.  Before everything was working, I was able to use the DVR Manager and now I can't. I called support several days ago.  They couldn't help and created a problem ticket, and I haven't heard back.  I'm in zip code 33467.  When I go to DVR Manager it says it is available in my area, but I don't have any compatible DVR's.  I'm also not able to give my DVR's a name on the web site.  Everything else is going OK now.  

Does anybody know how I can get this to work?  

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I've made NUMEROUS calls to Comcast....every person says: "not available in your area". However, the Xfinity site says it IS available, but that my two (2) RNG200N's are not compatible. I've got every techy-toy Apple makes....AND WANT TO USE THEM!

C'Mon Comcast....you advertise this stuff...PLEASE make it work! I pay some pretty big bucks EVERY month and ???

We travel a lot & sometimes see something we want to be able to record & then watch when we get home. We continue to pay for the service while away...

Is this asking too much?

I also have a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG ticket number escalating my problem to someone with tech knowledge....will wait for a response.....zzzzzzz...

Chuckie241

ZIP: 33408

Silver Problem Solver

chuckie you should start your own thread about this.

are those cisco'[s or motorolas, they both have the same model number?

it will be available in all areas by end of march.    RNG200 are definately compatible but if its not available you need to wait.  post this ina seperate thread and let comcastjoe look at your account.

Official Employee

Chuckie241 wrote:

I've made NUMEROUS calls to Comcast....every person says: "not available in your area". However, the Xfinity site says it IS available, but that my two (2) RNG200N's are not compatible. I've got every techy-toy Apple makes....AND WANT TO USE THEM!

C'Mon Comcast....you advertise this stuff...PLEASE make it work! I pay some pretty big bucks EVERY month and ???

We travel a lot & sometimes see something we want to be able to record & then watch when we get home. We continue to pay for the service while away...

Is this asking too much?

I also have a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG ticket number escalating my problem to someone with tech knowledge....will wait for a response.....zzzzzzz...

Chuckie241

ZIP: 33408

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs in the near future.

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation