Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,872,584

members

1,444

online

28,807

topics

Top

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

ANSWERED
New Poster

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

Im trying to get the tv app to work. When I log in to check the dvr manager i get DVR Manager is available in your area.     However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

 

I have a RNG200N

 

After chatting online they are telling me that I need a new box. I have gone to try to get a new box and they say that the one I have is the right box..

 

What is going on?

 

They tell me that I need S26.. what is that?

 

 

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...


cardinale1 wrote:

The year 2012 ended four months ago, I have not spoken to one person at Comcast that

has a clue about why my App or my PC can not find my Scientific Atlanta DVR


Your area is scheduled for a required software and firmware update that will automatically activate the DVR Manager feature.

We are finishing up some activation testing in your area which can create a false-positive message from our website like the one you posted.

 

Shouldn't be long now for your area of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

 

More details in this thread:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

Im in 33483

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...


srva80 wrote:

Im trying to get the tv app to work. When I log in to check the dvr manager i get DVR Manager is available in your area.     However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

 

I have a RNG200N

 

After chatting online they are telling me that I need a new box. I have gone to try to get a new box and they say that the one I have is the right box..

 

What is going on?

 

They tell me that I need S26.. what is that?

 

 


DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

I see you say that everywhere, I have a motorola box.


ComcastJoe wrote:

srva80 wrote:

Im trying to get the tv app to work. When I log in to check the dvr manager i get DVR Manager is available in your area.     However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

 

I have a RNG200N

 

After chatting online they are telling me that I need a new box. I have gone to try to get a new box and they say that the one I have is the right box..

 

What is going on?

 

They tell me that I need S26.. what is that?

 

 


DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe


 

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

What a shame to have to find out that by the end of the year the Xfinity TV app on my Ipad3 will find a compatible TV, this after hours of calls to Comcast and talking to reps that do not have a clue. Last week a service tech was scheduled to come to my home and set me up, never happened, never even showed up,

after calling I get an email with an apology "that's it? Shameful.

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

I was told that dvr manager was suppose to be working last September in the Houston area. Good to see that Comcast is on top of their game plan. Fast to get the money slow with promises.
New Poster

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

I just called them because I get the same message about its avalible and no DRV compatable. The tech told me that it will be avalible to me by the end of this month or by the end of February.

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

I wasted an hour on the phone with support, and they confirmed that my Cisco RNG200 box is compatible, that the service is available in my area (and in my HOA neighborhood), but that they could not figure out what the problem was.

 

They suggested I call Internet support. I chatted wtih a girl who informed me that there was nothing she could do as she is in the Internet department. It took her 10 minutes to give me the link to DVR manager and tell me to set it up there. Brilliant.

 

This reminds me of the heady days of Windows 98 phone support . . . Call Microsoft, they point the blame at Computer companies, computer companies point the blame at OEM's not writing good drivers, OEMs point the blame at Microsoft . . . . .

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...

The year 2012 ended four months ago, I have not spoken to one person at Comcast that

has a clue about why my App or my PC can not find my Scientific Atlanta DVR

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are...


cardinale1 wrote:

The year 2012 ended four months ago, I have not spoken to one person at Comcast that

has a clue about why my App or my PC can not find my Scientific Atlanta DVR


Your area is scheduled for a required software and firmware update that will automatically activate the DVR Manager feature.

We are finishing up some activation testing in your area which can create a false-positive message from our website like the one you posted.

 

Shouldn't be long now for your area of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

 

More details in this thread:

 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...


Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager available but still no compatible DVR

I need some help in figuring out what is needed and if service is available in my area.  I have been receiving the same message for over a year, about DVR manager is in my area, but no compatible DVR is detected.  I went through this huge mess last year, trying to upgrade my cable box (SA RNG200) to one that the tech said would be compatible.  After much grief, misunderstanding and people not knowing what they were doing  I got a new box, that still was not compatible anddied about 2 weeks later, so I am back to the SA RNG 200.  

I would like to know, 1) if DVR manager is really available in my area and 2) what cable box is needed to be compatible.

 

thanks for your help 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1877 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation