Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a...

New Poster

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a...

This has been happening for 6 months and I was told I needed a new box. Got that box and they said I need another new box. I just got the new box and realized it is the same box I have. What gives. Don't want to change to new box as I will lose all DVR and favorite channels if I have the same box. The activate DVR is grayed out in my profile set up. Very frustrating.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a...

jayce23 wrote:

This has been happening for 6 months and I was told I needed a new box. Got that box and they said I need another new box. I just got the new box and realized it is the same box I have. What gives. Don't want to change to new box as I will lose all DVR and favorite channels if I have the same box. The activate DVR is grayed out in my profile set up. Very frustrating.

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs in the near future.

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a...

I am not sure what you mean by site by site but can you tell everyone in your compnay what you just told me. I have spent no less than 4 hours on the phone with them continutally trying to convience me that the box I have is wrong. So they send a new box and it happens to be the same one I have. They don't even know what box I have even when I tell them.

New Poster

I just went through that same grief too. Seven analysts/chat sessions later, I find out that my DVR is indeed compatible with DVR Manager. They are trying a reset on it for the second time. Not very hopeful.

Silver Problem Solver

ron, just because your dvr is compatible does not mean that the service is available in your area even though the comcast site might say it is.    It should be available by end of march in all SA cisco markets.     you might be going through a lot of grief for nothing.   Post your area and let comcast ted look it up. 

The opinions expressed by me on this forum are mine only as a customer. I do not work for comcast nor do I represent them in any way.

Frequent Visitor

"ust because your dvr is compatible does not mean that the service is available in your area even though the comcast site might say it is"

Who ever is resonsible for the comcast site then shoud no longer be responsible for it.

Regular Visitor

I have a Cisco DVR box and I also keep getting the "your box is not compatible for Xfinity TV app" for my iPad mini.  So.... Since we all know that the Cisco DVR's ARE, how do I find out about my area? What's and where is "ask Ted"? I'll just ask here.  I live in the Cherry Hill area in South Jersey. Provider is Comcast. When can the app be available for all of us in my area?  Thanks for any help out there.

Official Employee

acover101 wrote:

I have a Cisco DVR box and I also keep getting the "your box is not compatible for Xfinity TV app" for my iPad mini.  So.... Since we all know that the Cisco DVR's ARE, how do I find out about my area? What's and where is "ask Ted"? I'll just ask here.  I live in the Cherry Hill area in South Jersey. Provider is Comcast. When can the app be available for all of us in my area?  Thanks for any help out there.

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs in the near future.

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

It's now April, 2013. Would you please update me on *when* this supposed update will happen? I am frustrated that my I have to reprogram my dvr recordings over and over because my box keeps saying " to be announced". The box has now dumped my list 3 times. I would love to be able to have my list online so it will resend it rather than manually reprogramming. Also, I know when there are shows coming on but the dvr cannot find these named shows in my list. Frankly I am tired of hauling in faulty boxes over and over again just to have the same problems over and over. I feel as if I want cable and pay $150 for it then I should not have to use equipment that's dated from 2008.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation