Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager Syncing

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager Syncing

I got a Comcast DVR last week and have been looking forward to scheduling recordings of shows online. Unfortunately, DVR Manager seems to be syncing forever.  When I go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr all I see is that syncing is in progress, and "DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR."

It's been doing this for days! There is no information on how to fix this. Can someone at Comcast please open a ticket and fix this for me?

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR Manager Syncing

Two weeks later, and I think it is finally working! Today DVR Manager finally stopped syncing, but then the "record" buttons were disabled, and I had to reach out again to the Twitter reps.

I still never got a PM back from ComcastJoe, for what that's worth. I ended up talking to 4 different Comcast Twitter handles: @ComcastCares is the main account and different customer service representatives pick up complaints from there. I also talked to 2 people at their 1-800 number and was hung up on twice by their phone tree. I was promised 2 phone calls back and received none.

I started talking to @ComcastCares and was replied to first by @ComcastMattV, then @ComcastWill, then @ComcastMichael. They told me they reached out to the DVR Manager team, and then escalated to Tier 2 support.

Lessons learned: If you are having this problem, reach out via Twitter, and make sure that you let all of your followers see the conversation, and keep checking in with Comcast, because it is not a priority for them.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Give this a try.

Hello,

You can give this a try:

DVR Manager

I am trying to set-up up DVR Manager and waited over 24 hours but I am stuck at the “syncing in progress” screen

Go here and make sure that you are using a compatible DVR.

If you are using a compatible box and are still having issues, please send the following information in a private message to ComcastJoe so we can further assist you. We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your personal information in a public forum

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Makes, Models, and the names of all your set-top boxes:

The name(s) of your set-top box that is giving you issues:

Please also include a link to your post so we can accurately track your issue. For more DVR Manager information and questions, please go here.

Frequent Visitor

All right, I'll give it a shot. I sent a PM to ComcastJoe on 4/9 and am waiting for a reply. In the meantime, the DVR is apparently still syncing.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting, no solution, still syncing.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting. Still no PM received back. Still syncing.

I called the 800 number and talked to someone who remotely rebooted my DVR, but it still shows as syncing.

Frequent Visitor

I called back an hour after they remotely rebooted the DVR, as per the instructions of the person I spoke to. The next person I spoke to had no idea what "DVR Manager" was, and kept thinking that it was something to do with the actual DVR. She said she has never heard of it before, and was surprised when I said that if you google "Comcast DVR Manager Syncing" you see dozens of people with the same problem.

After spending 25 confused minutes on the phone with me, the customer service representative gave up and said she was opening a ticket and that someone would call be back "tonight or tomorrow."  Let's see if that happens.

Frequent Visitor

I reached out to the @ComcastCares Twitter handle and was contacted by @ComcastMattV on the morning of April 17. He said he sent a "prov update to your act for it to sync" and to let him know if 24 hours later it wasn't fixed. It wasn't fixed. I contacted him again this morning but haven't heard anything.

Still no PM back from ComcastJoe here.

Also never received a phone call back as promised by the phone customer support person I talked to earlier in the week.

Still syncing! 

Frequent Visitor

Two weeks later, and I think it is finally working! Today DVR Manager finally stopped syncing, but then the "record" buttons were disabled, and I had to reach out again to the Twitter reps.

I still never got a PM back from ComcastJoe, for what that's worth. I ended up talking to 4 different Comcast Twitter handles: @ComcastCares is the main account and different customer service representatives pick up complaints from there. I also talked to 2 people at their 1-800 number and was hung up on twice by their phone tree. I was promised 2 phone calls back and received none.

I started talking to @ComcastCares and was replied to first by @ComcastMattV, then @ComcastWill, then @ComcastMichael. They told me they reached out to the DVR Manager team, and then escalated to Tier 2 support.

Lessons learned: If you are having this problem, reach out via Twitter, and make sure that you let all of your followers see the conversation, and keep checking in with Comcast, because it is not a priority for them.

New Poster

It really shouldn't take that long. But now I have a new DVR that doesn't work but according to Comcast it does!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation