Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Manager Issues

New Poster

DVR Manager Issues

Everything says that I am eligible for the DVR Manager service, BUT I get the following error message - 

DVR Manager is available in your area.  However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.  ( I HAVE 2 HI-DEF DVR'S IN MY HOUSE )

WHAT THE HE**?!?!?!?!?!?      WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET A "COMPATIBLE" DVR?    COMCAST/XFINITY DOESN'T HAVE THEM!!  THERE IS NOTHING ON THIS SITE THAT TELLS WHAT BOX I AM SUPPOSED TO HAVE ...... THEY SHOULD QUIT OFFERING THE SERVICE!!!!     Sorry for the Caps but I am a bit ticked off!!

Cable Expert

Re: DVR Manager Issues

Post the brand & model of both the DVR's.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Living Room - Cisco RNG200N

Bedroom - Cisco RNG200N

Cable Expert

Stand alone Cisco DVR's do not yet have the feature available to them, it is still coming.  You will know it's getting close once Comcast deploys the "guide 2.0", your guide will change, and the feature will soon be available.

Right now, a growing number of Cisco area's can get the feature when the newly available AnyRoom DVR is ordered and installed.  The AnyRoom on Cisco equipment has the new Guide 2.0 out of the box.

Some deployments will start in August after the Olympics are done.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

JayInAlg is right but looking at your account, it should be compatible in your area now.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastJoe,

Can someone also look into why I am unable to get the DVR Manager to work?

I traded in my box for a brand new Cisco RNG200N today and I am getting the following error message:

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are  unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

Nobody at Comcast has any answers for me and it is very frustrating.

Thanks!

Official Employee

NetGuru wrote:

Hi ComcastJoe,

Can someone also look into why I am unable to get the DVR Manager to work?

I traded in my box for a brand new Cisco RNG200N today and I am getting the following error message:

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are  unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

Nobody at Comcast has any answers for me and it is very frustrating.

Thanks!

How long have you had this RNG200N for? I ask because it can take up to 24 hours to fully sync.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastJoe,

It has now been more than 24 hours and I am getting the same error message.

Can you please help me escalate this to someone who can help?

I am told that DVR Manager should be available in my market and I swapped out my box for a new RNG200N that was manufactured in May so that I could take advantage of this.

Thanks!

Official Employee

NetGuru wrote:

Hi ComcastJoe,

It has now been more than 24 hours and I am getting the same error message.

Can you please help me escalate this to someone who can help?

I am told that DVR Manager should be available in my market and I swapped out my box for a new RNG200N that was manufactured in May so that I could take advantage of this.

Thanks!

Our team is looking into this now for you and I will update you when I learn more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm getting this message now, but was able to use this feature from across the country last December before I moved a few blocks away in the same town,

"DVR Manager is available in your area.  However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

I took my existing DVR when I moved and it was hooked up by a Comcast technician. I tried to call, but Customer Service keeps referring me from Cable support to Internet support but no one seems to know what to do.

This is so frustrating and I'm starting to wonder why I still deal with Comcast at all. Any advice??? 

Official Employee

Regina5003 wrote:

I'm getting this message now, but was able to use this feature from across the country last December before I moved a few blocks away in the same town,

"DVR Manager is available in your area.  However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

I took my existing DVR when I moved and it was hooked up by a Comcast technician. I tried to call, but Customer Service keeps referring me from Cable support to Internet support but no one seems to know what to do.

This is so frustrating and I'm starting to wonder why I still deal with Comcast at all. Any advice??? 

I have our team looking into your issue right now but when you posted this issue, how long was it hooked up for in your new house? I ask because it sometimes takes up to 24 hours to fully sync.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Hi Guys/Girls - 

I never received that phone call from support services and we re well into August.

Any more news now that the Olympics are over??

I was asked to "erase my external drive" tonight?  What's up?

Programming - Several shows that were set to series record are no longer found in SEARCH programs by title .......   They have not yet ended for the season.

New Poster

i'm glad you updated your post regarding no phone call! I was wondering if you ever got the information you were looking for. 

I am in the same boat and will be following this forum closely. I have a Cisco RNG200N and although it tells me that DVR Manager is available in my area I do not have a compatable DVR. HOW FRUSTRATING!! 

I would really like to use this product and am new to Comcast cable. I was very happy where I was at and if I

can not use the silly features that Comcast sold me on, I'd be happy to go back to where I was. 

GGRRRRR!!!!!

Oh, do you think I could get one of those phone calls in 72 hours too? That would be nice. 

Official Employee

wickford23 wrote:

i'm glad you updated your post regarding no phone call! I was wondering if you ever got the information you were looking for. 

I am in the same boat and will be following this forum closely. I have a Cisco RNG200N and although it tells me that DVR Manager is available in my area I do not have a compatable DVR. HOW FRUSTRATING!! 

I would really like to use this product and am new to Comcast cable. I was very happy where I was at and if I

can not use the silly features that Comcast sold me on, I'd be happy to go back to where I was. 

GGRRRRR!!!!!

Oh, do you think I could get one of those phone calls in 72 hours too? That would be nice. 

Our team is further looking into your issue. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I'm also interested in this issue.  I recently moved to an area where Comcast was the only option (Arlington, VA).  I have a HD DVR (It says Xfinity  and SMC Networks on the box) that's listed on my bill. When trying to activate DVR Manager, I received the error message: "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Tiffany

Official Employee

tturner72 wrote:

I'm also interested in this issue.  I recently moved to an area where Comcast was the only option (Arlington, VA).  I have a HD DVR (It says Xfinity  and SMC Networks on the box) that's listed on my bill. When trying to activate DVR Manager, I received the error message: "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Tiffany

I am sorry but DVR Manager is not yet available in your area.

DVR Manager is expected to be available to all of our Scientific-Atlanta and Cisco branded DVRs by the end of the year. 

We have already started the site by site activation (DVR Manager requires some additional new guide software and some infrastructure to be activated).  Thanks for your patience.  

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation