Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR Keeps Recording Non-HD Series

New Poster

DVR Keeps Recording Non-HD Series

Hi All,

For the past year, I have had a problem with my Comcast Xfinity DVR/box. Even though I set a series recording to only record on HD (in the 800 channels), future recordings choose the SD (or non-HD) setting on their own. Let me give you an example.

Let's say I wanted to record American Idol HD. I will hit Record in the 800 channel version of the show (the HD one). I then select series recording. Now, it records that show this time in HD.

However, let's say next week, when I check my DVR, it recorded the show but in non-HD, on the 200 channel. In fact, it gets so bad, that I have to turn my DVR on before a show is aired, and CANCEL the recording on the 200 non-HD channel, scroll to the HD channels, and manually hit record.

Further confounding matters, I have gone to review my series recordings, and the settings say that it is set to record the show on "THIS CHANNEL ONLY" -- as in the HD channel. Yet it constantly goes and records it on the SD channel. 

I cannot tell if this happens with all my series recordings, but I think it does. 

Thanks for the input. 

Marq

Contributor

Re: DVR Keeps Recording Non-HD Series

I have noticed this problem lately. And, I know that I do not have 4 HD programs recording at the same time. I shouldn't be hitting that limit. I also have plenty of space available when this happens. I believe this is a problem with the firmware. Can someone from Comcast comment, please? Is this a known or new issue? Is it going to be investigated soon? Thanks!

Edit: I have the X1 DVR (Pace).
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation