Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR App not working since I moved

New Poster

DVR App not working since I moved

1)  I have been using the xfinity app on both my iPad (original version) and iPhone (4s) for over a year. 
2) They worked fine, so obviously they were already activated.
3)  I moved last week and they now don't work.
4)  I have a new TV but the exact same DVR that I've had for the past 2 years, including the entire time that the apps worked fine.
5)  I have tested the DVR from both the iPhone and iPad.
6)  When performing the test, the onscreen acknowledgement appears indicating that the iPhone and iPad are recognizing the TV
7)  I can change channels with both the iPad and iPhone remote.
8)  I cannot record with either the iPhone or iPad app.
9)  I deleted and reinstalled the app on my iPad and it still didn't work.
10) I went back online last night and ensured that my DVR control was activated.  It says it is.
11)  On one of the pages under xfinity/mytv/settings, the TV control button for my Default DVR was off.  I clicked it to on. 
12)  It still will notrecord from either iPhone or iPad.  It recorded for 1 minute from the computer.

I don't know how to resolve this.  Please help.  Thanks.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR App not working since I moved

how long has it been since you moved?  comcast most likely gave you a new account number when you moved correct?  my guess is the box is still registered to the old account.  

New Poster

I moved last week and I'm still in the same area. Only moved down the road.  As far as I know, my account number is the same.  But when I test the app from either device (iPhone/iPad) the onscreen recognition on the TV shows up.  And I can change channels with it.  Just can't record.

New Poster

They are the ones who told me to take the box with me.  Don't think the account changed.

Silver Problem Solver

ok, so does it work on your computer to record.   you can try to isolate it outside of the app. if it wont work on your pc it wont work on the app.

Go here.  under manage cable boxes and dvrs is your correct dvr there?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

Go under devices you can only have 3 to use.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation