Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DRM support for Microsoft Silverlight

Regular Visitor

DRM support for Microsoft Silverlight

I keep getting the same message when I try to watch videos online.It says I do not have DRM support enabled for Microsoft Silverlight (error 525/6013).I have followed all the steps over and over but still this is happening,please help.I am paying my money but not getting the service and this constant message with no resolution is driving me mad.Is there anything else I can do? Something that works would be good.

Thanks,

Nancy

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DRM support for Microsoft Silverlight

Regular Visitor

Didn't work.Just keeps saying the filename,directory or volume label syntax is incorrect.Is there a space after cd and del and rmdir?Thanks.

Official Employee

Calgacus wrote:

Didn't work.Just keeps saying the filename,directory or volume label syntax is incorrect.Is there a space after cd and del and rmdir?Thanks.

Yes, there is a space.

Are you including spaces?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Still not working.Trying it all on one line and on 3 lines and still getting the same message.Disappointed.

Official Employee

Calgacus wrote:

Still not working.Trying it all on one line and on 3 lines and still getting the same message.Disappointed.

Completely uninstall Silverlight from computer and then try downloading an older version here:

Silverlight 4

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Did that.No joy.Now it tells me I need to upgrade my silverlight and when I do I get the old DRM message.Frustrated with this.

Official Employee

Calgacus wrote:

Did that.No joy.Now it tells me I need to upgrade my silverlight and when I do I get the old DRM message.Frustrated with this.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 97203 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.193.161.43 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Oct 1 23:19:19 PDT 2012 Server Clock Time: Mon Oct 1 23:19:22 PDT 2012

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, ck, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, cm, h, ad, bw, d, al, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bp, cj, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Official Employee

Calgacus wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 97203 My Cable Provider: Comcast Portland Digital My myDVR Manager Status: My Set Top Box Names: My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.193.161.43 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.1.10516.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Go here and follow the instructions under Enabling Microsoft Silverlight DRM Support and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Already did this before I first mailed you.But I'll try anything now so I did it again.Still doesn't work and I'm getting the original message I told you about in my first mail.

Official Employee

Calgacus wrote:

Already did this before I first mailed you.But I'll try anything now so I did it again.Still doesn't work and I'm getting the original message I told you about in my first mail.

Are you on a wired or wireless internet connection?

Do you have any anti-virus software installed?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Wired connection and Mcafee security.To be honest I've just about given up with this just going round and round in circles and getting nowhere.Very disappointing.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation