Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DCX3400 cable box does not respond to any commands from my Iphone4 Xfinity TV App

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

DCX3400 cable box does not respond to any commands from my Iphone4 Xfinity TV App

I had cable installed in my home 2/21/13, two Motorola DCX3400 boxes. I have the Xfinity TV app installed on my Iphone, it recognizes both the cable boxes when I log in with the info the installer left. I have renamed the boxes from DVR1 and DVR2 to GreatRoom and MasterBedroom (although I have no idea which is which). When I try to change the channel or set a recording the indicator icon appears on my phone but nothing happens on the cable box end nor do I get an errors on the phone app. This is the same thing I get for both boxes listed in the app. looking for some advice or suggestions as to how to get the APP to communicate with the cable box.

I should add that I had the same model cable box and comcast service in my old house. The Xfinity app worked fine for both changing channels and setting recordings.

Accepted Solution

Re: DCX3400 cable box does not respond to any commands from my Iphone4 Xfinity TV App

Nooahah wrote:

I had cable installed in my home 2/21/13, two Motorola DCX3400 boxes. I have the Xfinity TV app installed on my Iphone, it recognizes both the cable boxes when I log in with the info the installer left. I have renamed the boxes from DVR1 and DVR2 to GreatRoom and MasterBedroom (although I have no idea which is which). When I try to change the channel or set a recording the indicator icon appears on my phone but nothing happens on the cable box end nor do I get an errors on the phone app. This is the same thing I get for both boxes listed in the app. looking for some advice or suggestions as to how to get the APP to communicate with the cable box.

I should add that I had the same model cable box and comcast service in my old house. The Xfinity app worked fine for both changing channels and setting recordings.

Go here and click the Show Name on TV buttons to alert your DVR of which box is which and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DCX3400 cable box does not respond to any commands from my Iphone4 Xfinity TV App

Nooahah wrote:

Go here and click the Show Name on TV buttons to alert your DVR of which box is which and then try again.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

thanks for the link....I would not have found that on my own.....seems to have solved my problem

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation