Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DCX3400 DVR not being recognized on Xfinity TV website or Android app

Frequent Visitor

DCX3400 DVR not being recognized on Xfinity TV website or Android app

I am trying to use the remote programming function to program the DVR in my living room to record a show, however when I go to the site (or the app, it doesn't matter which I use the result is the same), It only shows my non-dvr box in the bedroom as a box I can manipulate. As mentioned in the subject line, I have a model DCX3400 DVR. I have unplugged the DVR as well as the router/modem several times to see if the system will finally recognize it. No luck. The furthest I get in terms of "progress" is a screen graphic saying "You are now ready to schedule DVR recordings from anywhere." and right below that declaration in smaller letters says "Syncing in progress" and under that, still smaller letters saying "DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR"

In the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes site where I should be able to manage cable boxes and DVRs, it states on the DVR line item that "TV Control is not available for this cable box", but to the left of that disclaimer it provides a link saying "show next 5 recordings", but that link does not go anywhere. 

At this point, I would be happy to get it working from the actual website. While I'd like to use the app, I'm not as concerned about it at this point, since the issue seems to be more of a system thing right now.

Any suggestions would be great.  

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DCX3400 DVR not being recognized on Xfinity TV website or Android app

go to your tv, and then in the cable box set up look for remote access set up, if you select that you should be able to delete it and then start again with the code you get from the website to enter.   If you do not see that then your box is not setup on comcasts end and you need to call them to get it straightened out.

Frequent Visitor

I had seen a post around that mentioned what you are mentioning about the remote access set-up. On the boxes I have, neither one of my boxes has within any menu areas a remote access set up section, yet as mentioned before the bedroom box is seen by this app/program/network, whatever you'd like to call it.

Maybe only certain models have that remote access screen you mentioned, not sure why I wouldn't at least see it on my bedroom tv menu.

Any Comcast moderators out there with ideas?

Silver Problem Solver

usually if your box is not seen on the webiste its a problem on comcasts end.  if you do not see remote access set up in your box menu under set up it has never been set up correctly.

Frequent Visitor

It does make sense that it could/would be on the Comcast end of things. Interestingly, both the bedroom tv box and the DVR were replaced on the same day not too long ago, yet only the bedroom box is recognized. It was the fact that I had to re-program my scheduled series recordings that I even realized this feature was not working properly. 

Silver Problem Solver

if you have recently replaced boxes it can take 5-7 days for the new info to flow down to make the dvr manager work

Frequent Visitor

I had considered that too, the boxes were swapped March 26th

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for trying Rog, after a 2 hour long chat, the issue is still unresolved and is being "escalated" 

New Poster

Did you find resolution to this? I'm having the same issue...

Frequent Visitor

No, AK....Same stuff, different day. Ironically, I recieved mail today promoting the Comcast home alarm system they have. I have to thank Comcast for that because I had a good laugh. My bill is $70 higher this month than last month with NO CHANGES to any of my current services. My caller ID doesn't work on my TV (never has, tried three troubleshooting calls before giving up.), I can't set my DVR to record from my laptop (or smartphone we'll see what happens here), ...and you want me to trust that you can keep my home secure? Seriously?

Comcast, before you try to sell me something else, how about making sure what I already have works first. You'd be more apt to complete a sale.

Silver Problem Solver

send an email here.

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion, Rog, I will give it a shot.

Frequent Visitor

Some progress was made, but its not all the way there yet. I emailed the comcast address you gave me Rog. There was a phone call the next day asking to schedule a technician visit for the following day. I agreed to the appointment, and when the technician arrived I was able to remotely set recordings from my laptop. My phone app is not quite working right and I'm not too concerned with that right now, but I would still like to be able to change the channel on my DVR as I can my bedroom box with the website (and ultimately with the app). I used to be able to do that, and even though I can now program the DVR to record, I would still like to be able to change the channel if I am supposed to be able to. 
This is the screen I get when I try to manage my devices from the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes link. As you can see, the TV control has no toggle in the DVR slot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should be able to toggle that, correct?

manage.JPG

Silver Problem Solver

yes you should be able to toggle the tv control on and off.   did you check to see if remote access set up is on your cable box menu yet?   Also try a box unplug to see if that does anything.

Frequent Visitor

The remote access option gives me two options now which it didn't before. Cancel Service and Help. This does not surprise me to see now that I can set recordings from a computer. If I select the Cancel service button, it warns me that if I deactivate, I will lose the remote record function. I'm sure I can re-activate, but I'm reluctant to do that if it may cause another multi-day issue. I will try to do another box unplug now that the service is semi-working.

Frequent Visitor

Unplugging the box's power cord did not work. I left it unplugged for about 5 minutes before plugging it back in. I can try the de-activate/reactivate setting, just hoping there's a couple other things I can check such as comparing the bedroom box settings to the dvr setting to find a corresponding trigger to the system to be recognized by the device manager.

Silver Problem Solver

there is most likely an issue with your account on comcasts end preventing this.   Yes if you see remote access set up that would mean the set up went through.  It is strange that you can do everyting but change channels though.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I agree it's strange as well. My caller ID feature doesn't work either, but I could care less, I'd have it toggled off even if it did work. I wonder if the two issues are related somehow. Some might say I was being a bit difficult about this stuff, but I tell you what, for paying $2,500 a year for this stuff - it should work how its supposed to, whether or not I use it is beside the point.

Frequent Visitor

I bit the bullet and tried to do a deactivate/reactivate. Looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit for the record feature to come back because it hasn't fully re-sync'd yet. I do know it has not changed in as far as being recognized to toggle on or off as in the picture I posted before. That's obvoiusly the key to the channel change issue, trouble is that other than in this forum, the customer service people or the technicians that have come have not really had an answer to this. While the record feature was working when the tech arrived, he admitted that if it hadn't been there wasnt much he would have been able to do. Clearly this problem seems to be system related, yet they continuously want to send a tech out. Isn't there a 2nd level tech support that could contact me and get this fixed in that manner? Very frustrating...

Frequent Visitor

5 hours after deactivating and reactivating, its still "activating"...I'm glad this wasn't a first step troubleshooting step. Any odds of it actually fixing my problem when it's activated?

New Poster

was this ever resolved, I am having the same issue on the service that was just installed last monday, the website only recognizes 2 of the 3 boxes and comcast has not contacted me back after 2 calls. I am with you, if I paid for a service I expect it to work regardless whether I use it or not.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation