Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Customer Service

New Poster

Customer Service

I have two accounts with COMAST one for North Fort Myers and one for Naples. I recently sold my home in North Fort Myers and remain a COMCAST customer in Naples. I returned two pieces of COMCAST equipment from N.Fort Myers to an XFINITY location at 12707 Tamiami Trail East in Naples. I asked the young lady who accepted the equipment for a receipt aknowledging that I returned the equipment. She informed me that COMCAST dosen't give receipts for returned equipment and if I wanted a receipt I would have to return the equipment to a UPS store. It follows that the UPS store would then return the equipment to COMCAST.

There is redundency in this exercize that I don't understand and COMCAST would be wise to explain this policy in writing at their XFINITY outlets.

To make matters worse yesterday I received an e-mail request by an "Equipment Recovery" company advising me to return the equipment in question. I contacted them but they did not have a record of me returning the equipment to the above location. I am waiting for confirmation?

Problem Solver

Re: Customer Service

Every time I have exchanged or returned equipment at a Comcast service center I have been given a receipt for said equipment which included the serial number and the date of the return/exchange. So if Comcast has changed this policy just recently I would find that rather suspect. I think you have just been scammed by the Comcast employee who will now sell that equipment on eBay.

I would have walked out or either asked to speak to a manager before releasing my equipment to them.  Even better I would have started filming the return on my smartphone camera showing the equipment and its serial numbers and the employee taking my equipment from me.

New Poster

Re: Customer Service

I found that same problem with Comcast too!!  I returned a defective DVR Box & she told me "no receipts given for returns."  I asked her how do I prove I did in fact return the box?  She said it will show on my bill.  I told her I wanted a receipt NOW!  When I pushed her, I did get a hand written receipt.  If I ran my company like that I would be out of biz!! Good luck.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation