Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Crappy quality streaming videos

Contributor

Crappy quality streaming videos

Honestly, with a 55Mbps connection that is SOLELY being used at this time for watching some streaming shows online, if you (Comcast) cannot deliver quality streaming content from your servers to mine, when you're both my ISP AND my TV provider, then why do you even bother to offer this service?

I'm getting roughly 480p quality while trying to watch Food Network Star online, when I could go to my TV and get 1080i On Demand. Nothing is wrong with my cable modem, and speed tests if I pause the video give me a 55/10 result consistantly from various sites.

That means the crappy quality is because of YOUR network.

The only reason I watch online is because your on demand menu system sucks a5s, and can't stream the next episode in a tv series automatically, like online does.

New Poster

Re: Crappy quality streaming videos

Agreed. My mother tries to watch Orpah Black and the streaming goes south on a regular basis. Since you're doing this through Hulu can't you get them to iron it out?

Contributor

I'm actually doing this through the "xfinity" website.

Comcast needs to get their s*** in order.

Regular Visitor

At least you get crappy video.  I have to let it buffer for 10 minutes for a 30 minute show.  Netflix works fine in HD and youtube fine in 1080p.  Comcast says it may be my cpu.  I say no.  They have ? marks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation