Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Controlling smart tv from pc

Regular Visitor

Controlling smart tv from pc

I used to be able to see tv listings, then select a show, then request towatch that show on my connected device (Samsung smartTV).    I can no longer do this!!!!    You've change something.... the interface that displays my channels even looks different.     I can select to watch a channel but it only comes up on my pc.   I want the option back that say to "watch on TV".

My tv is still listed as a connect devive but I can't change the channel via the PC like I used to be able to do.   

Please help. 

Service Expert

Re: Controlling smart tv from pc

tomsch wrote:

I used to be able to see tv listings, then select a show, then request towatch that show on my connected device (Samsung smartTV).    I can no longer do this!!!!    You've change something.... the interface that displays my channels even looks different.     I can select to watch a channel but it only comes up on my pc.   I want the option back that say to "watch on TV".

My tv is still listed as a connect devive but I can't change the channel via the PC like I used to be able to do.   

Please help. 

See this link as to why this has changed.  You cannot go back to what you had previously:  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation