Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Constant freezing and API Errors

New Poster

Constant freezing and API Errors

After months of great viewing on my laptop, my TV programs, whether live or recorded, freeze. Sometimes they continue other times just remain frozen.
I also get messages that I am NOT on my  Home WiFi.
Also, I receive "API Faiure" notices preceeced by Can't get Listings:, Can't Get Recordings:, etc.
WTH? TVs work just fine but I prefer my laptop most times.
Frustrated as Heck when a show of 60 minutes takes 150 minutes to watch or can't be watched at all.

Tags (2)
Contributor

Re: Constant freezing and API Errors

It might be worth a shot to call and have a rep refresh your account. I had some errors at one point and it fixed it.

If not, you could setup a service visit or possibly exchange your X1 box
New Poster

They have refreshed it twice at Tech Support Level I and once at Tech Support Level II.

It worked the 1st two times for a short time and for 30 minutes the last time...

Contributor

Do you have a local office that you could try to exchange the box? Might me a good way to resolve.

If the issue continies, there is something else going on like your account or possibly your router settings
New Poster

I'll see if they will exchange the X1 box.

Problem Solver

Not sure what you mean by "exchange the X1 box"?  If you are referring to your X1 DVR, then that will definitely not fix the issue. The X1 DVR has nothing to do with watching recorded shows on your laptop.  Those recordings you are watching on your laptop are coming from a server somewhere in Comcastland. You can prove this yourself by unplugging your DVR, and you will see you can still stream recordings through your laptop.

Are you having the problems when your laptop is connected to your modem through wifi or hardwired?  If through wifi, have you tried a wired connection just to see if that fixes the issue?

rescue9afd wrote:

I'll see if they will exchange the X1 box.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation