Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Constant choppy video, 3 browsers tried & this just started last week

Frequent Visitor

Constant choppy video, 3 browsers tried & this just started last week

I'm not getting any error code, but video plays for a few seconds, pauses, plays, pauses... plays for a few minutes, pauses...

This is making Live TV online pretty much unwatchable.

I've tried IE, Chrome, & Firefox.

i7, Win7 64bit, 8GB ram, wired net connection... I'm on a smoke'n machine. Youtube video is fine... Netflix is fine. 

Add to the above, I was cabable of watchiung last week without any issues using Chrome. No changes made to the PC.

Any ideas?

Regular Visitor

Re: Constant choppy video, 3 browsers tried & this just started last week

having the same exact problem for the last few days. everything was fine last week, now every 10 or 12 seconds the stream stops, pauses for 10 of 15 seconds, and picks up at a random spot. 

everything else works, it's definitely not a computer issue. the problem exists on the xfinity site across all browsers, while other video streaming sites work perfectly fine. 

hope this gets fixed soon, the choppiness and constant pauses make the service pointless. 

New Poster

Same here, nice to know it's not MY computer.

Frequent Visitor

Glad to see I'm not the only one.

I've rebooted numerous times, reset router & modem, tried everything even monitored my cpu usage.

It never tops over 20%
New Poster

I just contacted them and after going thru all their fix its and it not working, they agreed to put in a ticket and see what it might be on their end.

Darlyn: Please take note of the Open Ticket #CR399246961 . < this just received on the online chat

I was asked to await a call and will post again when I do.

Frequent Visitor

What was their "fix"? All I saw in the troubleshooting notes were error codes... Which I'm getting none.

Regular Visitor

yeah, i get no error codes either. my first thought was that it might be a computer problem, since the way the video freezes and starts up again really resembles some kind of regular hangup. but every other process on the computer is working fine. and the xfinity video never actually stops, or results in an error code. it will go on for eternity, it just stalls and restarts probably 3 or 4 times a minute. it really makes using the service impossible. 

restarts, refreshes, new browsers, purging cache/history, repairing disk permissions, updating all plugins, etc. haven't helped at all. there's clearly something going on, on their end.

Regular Visitor

Yes, I have the same problem.  Very frustrating.

Contributor

Same here.. did ALL their "fix it" options, and I'm using Firefox. I have no problems with any other site, not crackle, not hulu, Since Xfinity gets most of their stuff via hulu, hence the logo in the corner, then it should work and not be all choppy.

New Poster

I have had the same problem for a couple of months now. Not sure why it's only xfinity video thats all choppy and pauses in google chrome.

New Poster

Amazed at the amount of others that suffer from this! Nice to know I'm not the only one!

I have for several months suffered from this issue. Sometimes it works fine, other days it just wants to stutter and freeze every 10 seconds. And when it is an issue (a few times a week) it is FAR from watchable. Ad's work fine though haha, those never sutter

Contributor

That is if you ever actually get to a commercial, mine have been so stuttery and choppy they are unwatchable and I have to resort to Hulu, or some other site.

New Poster

I am having the same issues lately.  I'm assuming this has to be something on the xtw website code.

Has anyone found a way to remedy this yet?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation