Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Commercial Interuptions

New Poster

Commercial Interuptions

I understand that commercial breaks during on-demand programming is part of the deal. I don't like it, and I kinda feel like I'm being taken advantage of, but I accept it. The ability to stay caught up on shows I enjoy on my phone/tablet/laptop is really convenient.

However, I'm starting to get Verizon ads IN THE MIDDLE of scenes! For example, during the closing minutes of the show 'Teachers' on (which is incredibly tasteless and very funny) I have a Verizon ad interrupt the scene! One character is about to deliver the punchline to the closing joke and the Verizon ad pops up pitching their unlimited service (even though I've already seen this ad three times during a 30 minute sitcom).

Like I said, I'll watch the ad if it's at a break between scenes. Gives me time to top off my drink or run off to the bathroom. However, in the middle of a scene really interrupts my enjoyment of the show, and that's where it goes from an unpleasant annoyance to something I'm not willing to put up with. How will you make this right, and when can I expect this to be resolved?

Official Employee

Re: Commercial Interuptions

stevehamner wrote:

I understand that commercial breaks during on-demand programming is part of the deal. I don't like it, and I kinda feel like I'm being taken advantage of, but I accept it. The ability to stay caught up on shows I enjoy on my phone/tablet/laptop is really convenient.

However, I'm starting to get Verizon ads IN THE MIDDLE of scenes! For example, during the closing minutes of the show 'Teachers' on (which is incredibly tasteless and very funny) I have a Verizon ad interrupt the scene! One character is about to deliver the punchline to the closing joke and the Verizon ad pops up pitching their unlimited service (even though I've already seen this ad three times during a 30 minute sitcom).

Like I said, I'll watch the ad if it's at a break between scenes. Gives me time to top off my drink or run off to the bathroom. However, in the middle of a scene really interrupts my enjoyment of the show, and that's where it goes from an unpleasant annoyance to something I'm not willing to put up with. How will you make this right, and when can I expect this to be resolved?

Sorry about that - that must be very annoying. "Teachers" is provided by TV Land (a subsidiary of Viacom). Programmers deliver content to Comcast which are supposed to include correct ad break markers (time code of where ads are supposed to go). I can report this to the proper team and they will reach out to Viacom to request redelivery.  Note that this sometimes means they will remove the problem episode until the fixed one is sent to us.

Is there a specific season/episode you can provide to help track down the issue quicker?

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks for the response, Dan. This has happened all throughout season one from about episode 5 through episode 8, which is as far as I've watched thus far.

New Poster

I have been having this same issue on several occasions this week.  The shows vary.  And just now I am trying to watch The Accountant on HBO and get hit with commercials.  It would be one thing if the movie picked up where it left off, but no, they come in the middle of the scene and then when the movie (or show) comes back on, it's a totally different scene.  This is rediculous

Official Employee

Eutopian wrote:

I have been having this same issue on several occasions this week.  The shows vary.  And just now I am trying to watch The Accountant on HBO and get hit with commercials.  It would be one thing if the movie picked up where it left off, but no, they come in the middle of the scene and then when the movie (or show) comes back on, it's a totally different scene.  This is rediculous

You're seeing commercials in the middle of movies on HBO?  That's unusual because premium networks typically only have a promo or two before the movie begins but then the rest is uninterrupted.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation