Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comedy Central HD and BET HD

ANSWERED
New Poster

Comedy Central HD and BET HD

My area just switched over to the new channel neighborhoods on 10/19. Since the change over, I haven't been able to receive Comedy Central HD and BET HD. I do receive the SD versions of these channels fine. After a few attempts with phone support, I still can’t receive these channels.

The last phone support person told me that I can only get the HD versions of these channels on my phone with the Xfinity phone app. I was also told that this is the decision of the channel providers to only provide HD versions of these channels over the phone app.

Is there any truth to this? It seems absurd to me that I can only watch an HD broadcast on a 4” phone screen and not a 60” TV.

Accepted Solution

Re: Comedy Central HD and BET HD

tpich wrote:

My area just switched over to the new channel neighborhoods on 10/19. Since the change over, I haven't been able to receive Comedy Central HD and BET HD. I do receive the SD versions of these channels fine. After a few attempts with phone support, I still can’t receive these channels.

The last phone support person told me that I can only get the HD versions of these channels on my phone with the Xfinity phone app. I was also told that this is the decision of the channel providers to only provide HD versions of these channels over the phone app.

Is there any truth to this? It seems absurd to me that I can only watch an HD broadcast on a 4” phone screen and not a 60” TV.

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. The explanation that our agents provided doesn't sound correct to me.

I am now working with our local team to see what's up here and will have someone on that team review and reach out to you directly. 

Thanks for your patience. 

View answer in context
New Poster

So let me ask this, am I the only one who doesn't receive Comedy Central HD and BET HD or is it all Comcast cutomers?

Official Employee

tpich wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. The explanation that our agents provided doesn't sound correct to me.

I am now working with our local team to see what's up here and will have someone on that team review and reach out to you directly. 

Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation