Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast not showing up for 4 appointments in a row - what do I do next?

New Poster

Comcast not showing up for 4 appointments in a row - what do I do next?

Does anyone have any idea on how to get this issue resolved??? Comcast installed a cable line to my neighbor’s property. Instead of running the line from alley along the neighbor’s property line to their house the installer took a short cut and simply installed it from the pole that is on the left side of my property, across my back porch (blocking access to the steps on my back porch) to the neighbor’s house. 

I have called in numerous times over the past 6 weeks.  Each time a new ticket is opened and new promises made to correct the situation. My neighbor has also called in to complain and ask that this be correct.  This is a safety issue.  Someone is going to get hurt from not seeing this cable and falling down my stairs. 

Review of calls:

6/12 – ticket #016263304.  Scheduled for June 17th -  no show

6/25 – second ticket opened (don’t have). Scheduled for July 1.  no show

7/2 – l was told due to scheduling issue it was rescheduled for July 8th.   July 8th no show

7/9 – Third ticket opened.  Ticket # 016583369.  Told they would be out on 7/10.  No show. 

Review of notes:

Friday 6/12 ticket number 016263304.  Appointment for Monday June 17th.  No show.  Was also supposed to receive a call from a supervisor at 8 45 on Sunday evening June 16th. No one called.

Tuesday 6/25 could not initially find the ticket then found it and transferred me to a supervisor – Lorenzo – On hold for 40 minutes before the he came on line.  Said he would have to open another ticket and that someone would call me in three days to schedule an appointment. Asked to speak with his manger and said that he would have to make a call request and that could take 48 hours to have someone call me back.

6/28 received a call from Mary (manager) saying that Comcast would be out on July 1 between 8am and noon and that I had to be onsite. I took the morning off and Comcast was a no show

Here is the Google Voice transcript of the voice mail from Mary.

Hi Mr. Cronley, This is Mary a manager with Comcast. I received your account information on Tuesday by Friday. I spoke with it says here. You know if you want to call back regarding the pack. Not being out yet. Some ticket was submitted. Regarding the safety issue. We need to do want to call back. Deposit currently on the account. I do see, there's an appointment that was set up for the work that needs to be done outside and it is currently scheduled for the first of July between 8 AM and 12 noon and it was set up of the day after you spoke with the supervisor 3 spoke with him on the 25th. It was set up on the 26 and scheduled to be done on the 1st between 12. It's that they're going, going across the customers yard customer reply. The line bur 8 okay bye high have to read the comments it so I get it set up for the first of July between 8 AM and 12 noon You do need to be president or someone needs to be present for the appointment. Asyrinsure everything goes well. If you need anything else give us a call at 1 triple 8 Comcast online at Comcast dot com. We have a great day. Bye.

7/2 – no one showed on 7/1.  I called back in and spoke with a guy in general care.  He told the appointment on July 1 had to be rescheduled for some reason that was not noted in the ticket.    Now being told that they will be on July 8th between 8 and noon and I have to be on site.  I asked to speak with the manager Mary who committed to July 8th . The agent said he was able to see Mary’s agent id in the notes and would transfer me to her.  I was placed on hold for ½ hour and then transferred to Jonathan agent ID MANJJK.  He started from scratch.. what is your account number, what is your issue……I asked him to speak with Mary. He said he could not find her agent ID and could not assist. He said that someone would be out today.

7/9 – called in and was told I would have to open a new ticket.  Ticket # 016583369.  Told they would be out on 7/10.  No show.

New Poster

Re: Comcast not showing up for 4 appointments in a row - what do I do next?

Did you know that Comcast advertises as part of their customer care guarentees, if at anytime during the first 30 days if you are not happy with all or any part of there service/s you may cancel your service and receive a full refund you have paid for services and/or a deposit?  Also if they are even late to a service call time you are supposed receive a $20.00 credit on your bill. So I am thinking they owe you a bunch more for 4 no show appointments!! I recently  discovered on the front page of comcast.com there is a link to click on to send an email to the President of Comcast. I did this for a whole host of problems I have had with comcast, but Becareful they try to redirect you their customer care chat instead, so very carefully watch what you click on after you click to email the the Pres. They try very hard to redirect you. But it can be done. I have not heard back so I can not attest to how well it will work. I figured it was worth a shot. Comcast has a monopoly where I live and I hate this company with a passion! They have jerked my so many ways I have lost count, being just flat out over charged for all kinds of differant things, charged for equipment and services that I never even had with them, flat out blatantly adding bizarre made-up BS and trying to charge me for it! And of course I never qualified for the $300 Visa card they advertised, because my balance never zeroed out in the first 3 months. I finally had to just cancel them and we went without for about 2 months, which I hated but it was better than dealing with comcast.

Good Luck, honestly I would go their home corporate office right off the bat, which I believe is in Utah somewhere it's not hard to find.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation