Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast not allowing cnngo for Apple TV

New Poster

Comcast not allowing cnngo for Apple TV

There are several reasons I want to watch the channels I already pay for with comcast through my Apple TV! By Comcast blocking not only the new CNNGo app on Apple TV, but the other AppleTV channels they block makes me really consider the future. I think if I was in charge of Comcast, I would make everything easy and avialble through what ever medium wanted by the consumer. This way I won't be mad and then want to switch... I see Dish allows it... And a service to pick only what I want is starting to sound pretty good right now.
New Poster

Re: Comcast not allowing cnngo for Apple TV

Same here. I tried to setup ccngo and realized that Comcast is not listed as a provider for CNNGo on Apple TV. Very disappointing.
New Poster

I recently bought an Apple TV and I am extremely frustrated to find that while the vast majority of cable providers out there allow seamless transmission of their channels over the Apple TV interface, comcast/ xfinity does not.

I think comcast should explain to us why they do not allow us to watch programming we already pay top dollar for? 

If it is not them being stubborn and trying to force their clients to buy another product from them then why?  I see so many of these questions being asked on these forums, but I have not seen one comcast/ xfinity response.  IS there anyone out there from Comcast/ Xfinity that can better shed some light on this situation?

Are we all forced to simply change providers so we can use the products on all the easy to use platforms that are available to us?

I dont think it is too much to ask for a response.

Frequent Visitor

I'm glad my community of 1200 homes will be switching to Uverse next year.  I've had it with Comcast and plan to dump them soon anyway.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation