Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast - Please Fix This.

Regular Visitor

Comcast - Please Fix This.

Dear Comcast,

My parents, my siblings, my friends and even myself have been customers of your service for a long time. I have used your high speed internet ever since I had windows 98 on my desktop back in the day. The on-demand service is great for your TV and the Xfinity app is amazing - except for one thing.

Why block streaming content via airplay and other mediums? You can HDMI or Cast content from a laptop but to make it so that I can't use my tablet or iPhone to do the same exact thing my laptop can do. This seems like a very pointless and annoying restriction. The licensing content argument kind of falls through when it is doable with a note-book but not a tablet or smart phone?

I would like to formally request that this restriction be taken down - and even a step further - I would like to see Google Chromecast support for mobile devices (smart phones and tablets). I can Cast from my laptop just fine but I would love to see casting for my other mobile devices. Providers like Netflix, and Hulu Plus are offering these services and it's wonderful to see the progression of wireless streaming inbetween devices become a reality - I would like to see my Xfinity on demand app make the same jump.

The reason I explored wireless streaming technology to begin with was because I wanted it to work with my comcast content. I think making it so that I can't mirror or airplay or chromecast or HDMI my output with my app while I'm "on the go" kind of really ruins the experience. A comcast customer should be able to go to work or on vacation and hook up the mobile app to available display mediums "on the go" (as the name of the app would imply) instead of restricting me to staring at a tiny screen when there are better mediums ready to go!

The block / restriction on this seems to be completely intentional (Comcast had to go out of the way to make it a restriction). So I would like to ask the following questions:

Is this something Comcast would consider allowing for the future? 

If not - why is it a licensing problem for a tablet or phone but not a laptop?

Will Comcast make their app compatible with Chromecast (like Netflix and Hulu Plus have)?

Are there any other Comcast customers out there that feel the same way I do about this? Please show support here if you are out there!

Anyway - thats about it - I just really would like to see this very silly and very restrictive block lifted from the Xfinity App. Any information would be appreciated!

Thanks,

A Loyal Comcast Customer

Connection Expert
Moved:

Re: Comcast - Please Fix This.

Unhelpful disgruntled trolling post removed by reasd removed.

New Poster

That post sounded perfectly reasonable and I'm having the same problem.  Why is this thread being moved?

Frequent Visitor

I can see why ComCast does't want this on Chromecast.  You would be able to view this on your big screen.  CC wants you to have a discrete paid for connection to watch on the big screen.   

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation