Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Online TV with no Video only Audio for HBO Game of Thrones

Regular Visitor

Comcast Online TV with no Video only Audio for HBO Game of Thrones

I cannot watch Game of Thrones online. When I open an episode there is sound but no video, just a blank black screen. I can watch ESPN online fine. I am subscribed to HBO.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Online TV with no Video only Audio for HBO Game of Thrones

petey5001 wrote:

I cannot watch Game of Thrones online. When I open an episode there is sound but no video, just a blank black screen. I can watch ESPN online fine. I am subscribed to HBO.

Is this occurring on all Game of Thrones episodes or just on specific episodes. If just specific episodes, please send the links of the specific episodes that you are referring to.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

This occurs for all Game of Thrones episodes. It also happens for other shows as well such as Big Bang Theory. I am able to watch others such as the Simpsons or CNN.

Official Employee

petey5001 wrote:

This occurs for all Game of Thrones episodes. It also happens for other shows as well such as Big Bang Theory. I am able to watch others such as the Simpsons or CNN.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 155 My Map ID: 177 My Persona ID: 1 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: false Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 98.250.112.146 My operating system: Windows - rv:19.0 My web browser: Firefox 19 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20125.0 My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (2520 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Sat Mar 23 2013 23:30:12 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Sat Mar 23 2013 23:29:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: bi, bj, bq, ce, cd, cf, cg, cu, bv, b, cx, bw, d, al, bh, bb, bc, by, cn, ax, bs, at, ct, cb, ch, cs, cv, db, co, bl, cw, cj, bo, cc, bn Internet Subscriber: false Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: false

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Big-Bang-Theory/8118784557012618112/21802051844/Cornhusker-Vo... Those are just a couple of the episodes, I cannot watch any of the episodes.
Regular Visitor

Please fix this as soon as possible. Some shows I can watch are the Simpsons, Modern Family, ESPN, CNN.

I also tried to watch other shows today which did not work, such as Downtown Abbey, House of Lies, Project Runway, and Greek.

Regular Visitor

I have not received any help in a week and my issue is still unresolved.

Official Employee

petey5001 wrote:

I have not received any help in a week and my issue is still unresolved.

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I have tried using a different browser and it doesn't work. I have also tried using different computers. The last person I chatted with at comcast help said comcast needs to refresh some signal since I can watch some shows but not others, but he only put in a ticket for the specialized xfinity tv online team.

Official Employee

petey5001 wrote:

I have tried using a different browser and it doesn't work. I have also tried using different computers. The last person I chatted with at comcast help said comcast needs to refresh some signal since I can watch some shows but not others, but he only put in a ticket for the specialized xfinity tv online team.

When you tried watching videos on different computers were you on the same internet network? Also, are you on a wireless or wired connection?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I am on the same internet. I tried on my laptop using wireless and on my desktop using wired internet.

Official Employee

petey5001 wrote:

I am on the same internet. I tried on my laptop using wireless and on my desktop using wired internet.

Are you using a router? If so, when you went with a wired connection what setup did you use?:

modem > ethernet cable (wire)> computer

modem > ethernet cable > router > ethernet cable > computer

I am trying to narrow down this issue and I want to see if it is your router or internet connection that is partially blocking videos from playing.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I have a two in one router and modem, so it acts as both the wireless router and cable modem. It goes modem > ethernet > compueter. Is there a reason why my internet connection would only prevent some videos from showing but not others since I can watch shows like modern family?

New Poster

See below for fix.

New Poster

Figured out the fix from previous issues with YouTube.

Play the episode of Game of Thrones.  Right click on any area of the blank video screen, select settings, and uncheck enable hardware acceleration.  Restart web browser, log in to xfinity and start watching videos again.  Works like a charm. Not sure why, but it doesnt seem to affect the quality of the video.

Good luck..  LL

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation