Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast H. & S. Forums (missing Bell with # of recent replies to posts)

ANSWERED
Problem Solver

Comcast H. & S. Forums (missing Bell with # of recent replies to posts)

I notice the Forum was worked on today with new categories, etc.

The bell with red number of recent replies, and notes, is missing on the bar next to our Avatar.

Accepted Solution

Re: Comcast H. & S. Forums (missing Bell with # of recent replies to posts)

I just noticed the notification bell showing recent replies to posts is back on 8/30/16.

Thank you to the member of Forums update crew who fixed the problem.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

Still missing on 8/22/15. Get your act together guys (forum udating crew). Smiley Wink

Gold Problem Solver

Problem Solver

I read that post.

I think the timing of redoing forum setup was just a smoke-screen for all broken promises on watching Rio Olympics. Now most people with valid complaints can't even find their original post after they got mixed in the blender and splattered under different categories that don't make much sense.

Without the good old Notification it's hard to know when someone replies. Especially after many posts were merged with others. MY SUBSCRIPTIONS can help locate posts but how many new members know how to use it. Smiley Sad

I got one e-mail from a member who was relatively new thinking they had censored and removed a post he replied too. I found the post was moved but still existed.

Problem Solver

I just noticed the notification bell showing recent replies to posts is back on 8/30/16.

Thank you to the member of Forums update crew who fixed the problem.

Problem Solver

The bell was never broken, just removed temporarily while the forums were being updated.  This thread doesn't even belong in this group since it has nothing to do with the "Xfinity TV Website".

Problem Solver

What your saying is true about the missing bell. However; there was no site mentioned for forum problems.

Better to be heard by posting somewhere than nowhere.  Smiley Wink

Problem Solver

It may be back, and possibly posted in the wrong area, but since its return, the notifications listing is all messed up.  I'm showing 2 notifications from Aug. 26 & 27, 2016.   All the rest are from 2011, 2012 & 2013...

Any clues?  

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

I believe that was part of the problem they found after trying to change and update the forum. I guess the reason the notification was removed for a while.

Their try at shifting posts to new categories, and merging of similar posts also caused problems with the data base. Many replies are missing on merged posts.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation