Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Dyscalculia Index (How far off comcast listings time is from real time)

Regular Contributor

Comcast Dyscalculia Index (How far off comcast listings time is from real time)

I and others have mentioned that Comcast listings for the live streaming shows has the wrong time.  They seem to vary throughout the day as to how far they are off in time.  For instance yesterday in the morning it was 30 minutes behind.  Then it was on time for a while.  Earlier today it was 2 hours behind.  Making it impossible to see what is currently on.  Right now it is 1 hour behind.

I have made this post so people can post how far behind  Comcast time currently is (it usual seems to be behind).  I am calling it the Comcast Dyscalculia Index. 

Dyscalculia is a learning disability that affects the ability to work with numbers and time.  There are a number of symptoms one of which according to Wikipedia is "Difficulty with conceptualizing time and judging the passing of time. May be chronically late or early"

Please post to this thread regularly how far off Comcast listings time is for you.  Maybe if we start documenting this someone will do something about it. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Comcast Dyscalculia Index (How far off comcast listings time is from real time)

7/14/16 12pm - The listings are 2 hours behind.

Service Expert

Re: Comcast Dyscalculia Index (How far off comcast listings time is from real time)

Klawdek wrote:

7/14/16 12pm - The listings are 2 hours behind.

When that happens, I ususally have to unplug the coax and the power and plug them back in and let the box reboot.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Dont think my box has anything to do with it.  Comcast's  clock is constantly changing how far off time it is.  For instance right now it is 1 hour off.  Ealier today it was 2 hours off.  For a long time it was 20 minutes off.

Regular Contributor

7/15/16 1:56pm - Comcast listings are now 4 hours behind.

Service Expert

Klawdek wrote:

7/15/16 1:56pm - Comcast listings are now 4 hours behind.

Despiration time: call customer service and ask them to refresh your "entitlements".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Hello Klawdek,

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. I have forwarded your concerns to our Advanced Support Team. A representative from that department will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

I appreciate your reply.  It would be nice if it were fixed but they do not seem to want to do that with any of the problems.  I do however appreciate your effort.

Right now it is 1 hour behind.

Regular Contributor

I spoke to soon.  It just changed to 4 hours behind.

Regular Contributor

Klawdek wrote:

I spoke to soon.  It just changed to 4 hours behind.

And in the time it took me to make that post it went to being on time.  However that means nothing as it does occasionally cycle through being on time.  It usually does not last long.

Service Expert
Moved:

Post removed for circumventing the language filters in violation of Forum Guidelines.

Regular Contributor

It is still behind 1-2 hours if I click refresh repeatedly it changes time from 1-4 hours behind occasionally it goes to the correct time but it can take 20-30 refreshes for that to happen and it goes back to being behind the nest time it is refreshed.

This is ridiculous.

WHY CAN'T COMCAST TELL TIME?

I appreciate companies that hire people with disabilities.  However hiring people with Dyscalculia and other problems with cognition to do the programming is not a good idea, just like hiring blind people to fly airplanes is not a good idea.

Regular Contributor

I have wondered why the techs here always want to communicate by private email.  Perhaps the following gives some insight.

ComcastZach via PM suggested that I change a setting in by selecting "Change Lineup"  and suggested the change I should make. 

THERE IS NO SUCH SETTING AS "Change Lineup."   He could not even describe where on the screen it is.

Also this is a ridiculous suggestion as I have pointed out it changes how much behind it is when I refresh the browser, moving between 1-4 hours behind.  What area changes time like that?  How could I have the wrong area?  If that were the case it would be consistently behind by the same amount every time. 

Problem Solver

Have you tried to CHANGE LINEUP in the old TV listings page?   There doesn't seem to be one on the NEW WAY TO WATCH TV page.  change lineup , before the ? .   ciao, bj

Tv listing missing button 1~20 pm 3~4~16.PNG

Admin1

Klawdek -- As BlueJay is pointing out, there is such a setting for Change Lineup. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Screenshot (6).pngThat is not the old listings screen it looks like the new one the old one has NO SUCH LINK>

Regular Contributor

In addition to the fact that the link you point out is on the new listing page that cannot be used because the error you are not connected to home network prevents anyone from watching anything. An error that has been there for at least 4 years.  It is also the case that the new interface is no longer accessible in any way.  I think it is good that Comcast has taken down the new listings page.

It would be nice if you could fix the old one!

Also once again I reiterate my point that it cannot be any setting that is wrong.  Is there a setting that says use a time that is randomly 1-8 hours behind and keep changing it every time the page is refreshed?  Why does such a setting exist and why is defaulted to this ridiculous setting?

Regular Contributor

Klawdek wrote:

.  It is also the case that the new interface is no longer accessible in any way. 

Well I spoke too soon.  The new interface has not been accessible for the past couple of days.  I checked immediately before making that post and immediately after it did not work before but it did work after I made the post.  The new interface also does not have that setting.  It would not matter as that is not where the problem is.  The only reason I ever go there is to get to these forums.  When it went down I discovered I had bookmarked the forums and starting using that.

Problem Solver

Klawdek, I loaded the TV site, with the RED BANNER across the top.   The only area that the Change Lineup ? shows and is available is on the main page I've indicated in my image and when you have the WATCH ON TV tab selected.  

Are  you saying that is not so for your listing page? And you have no indication of change lineup?

ciao, bj

change lineup with red banneer.PNG

Regular Contributor

Thank you for showing me where the setting is.  Who would have thought to look in the section for the cable box for a setting for the online viewing?

I appreciate the replies but once again the fact that the time keeps changing when I refresh the browser indicates that camcast cannot tell time.  WHY WOULD THEY HAVE A SETTING THAT DOES THIS?

I have tried the setting it is still 1 hour behind only time will tell if it keeps changing how far behind it is.

Regular Contributor

The setting had no effect the problem is still the same.

COMCAST IS INCAPABLE OF TELLING TIME!

Admin1

Klawdek -- Why don't you try the other link: https://tv.xfinity.com

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

Because that system HAS NEVER WORKED.  Not since it first rolled out has that system ever worked.  Sometimes you can watch one thing but it will inevitably and very quickly start giving the dreaded "NOT ON HOME NETWORK ERROR."

Rports in this forum date back as far as 2014 and I have seen posts on this error dating back to 2012 (not sure what forum it was).  THere is nothing the user can do.  Depite that fact COmcast techs will put then through the paces of re-activating their equipment and other nonsense that at best allows one viewing and then it back to the error.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Xfinity-X1-TV-app-is-showing-quot-Out-of-home-quot-e...

Regular Contributor

It is now 5 hours behind.

Regular Contributor

It is now 1 hour behind with most channels.  Some channels it is more than 1 hour behind.

Regular Contributor

ComcastZack in private message just told me to use another source for correct listings.  He suggested Comcast listings.  Of course I am aware that I can look at other listings to see what is on the channels I have access to online.  And I have used TV guide and zap2it for these purposes.  No matter what site I use I have to go through hundreds of channels that are not available to me online.  And, they are sorted in order of channel number NOT alphabetical, so all of them have to be gone through just to find one.  This is painstaking and slow process.  By the time you find out what is on just a few channels all the shows are half or completely over.

Regular Contributor

Also the Comcast listings page does not even have all the channels.  AHC is not on it.  And it cannot be searched with browser search as they have made it ALL GRAPHICS WHICH TAKE A LONG TIME TO LOAD AND ARE UNSEARCHABLE!

That interface does not work at all.  It periodical disappears.  It takes several tried to get it to scroll up or down.

Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:

While that interface mostly does not work I was able to get it to work a couple of times and could not help noticing that the new interface has a very low resolution. It looks like an old VHS tape. It does not allow true full screen.  Instead in full screen mode it only slightly increases the size of the  image.

Admin1

• ComcastZack in private message just told me to use another source for correct listings

That statement isn't true. I have not suggested to use another source for channel listings. I am happy to help you but not if you're going make false statements like that.

I've opened a support ticket for you so we can do some further troubleshooting. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastZach wrote:
  • ComcastZack in private message just told me to use another source for correct listings

That statement isn't true. I have not suggested to use another source for channel listings. I am happy to help you but not if you're going make false statements like that.

I've opened a support ticket for you so we can do some further troubleshooting. 

This is what you sent me as a solution to this problem:

Click Watch On TV, not Watch Online

That brings up a listing.

Admin1

Review you post you made in this thread on Aug 12th. You posted a screen shot where you had Watch Online selected and said "there's no such link" for where to change your channel lineup. BlueJay pointed out you needed to select Watch On TV in a reply message to your post. That's the same response you got from me. 

I think you need to understand the different between Watch Online and Watch On TVWatch Online is where you can watch online On Demand content. It's not for Live content. Watch On TV is for Live streaming content. It doesn't mean that it changes your TV channel. It's there so you can select channels for Live streaming. It also shows you what On Demand content you can watch on TV. 

In your other post you mentioned using outside sources for getting your channel lineup. Using an outside source has not been suggested to you by myself or any other user that's responded to you. 

Please keep things straight here. You asked where you can change your Channel Lineup and that answer was provided to you by two of us. You weren't told to use another source as you're suggesting. You were told where to change your lineup in conjunction with the question you asked. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Problem Solver

ComcastZach wrote:

In your other post you mentioned using outside sources for getting your channel lineup. Using an outside source has not been suggested to you by myself or any other user that's responded to you. 

Just quoted in part, Zach..  

I have suggested, through the course of replying to complaints about the comcast TV Guide, and NEW WAY TO WATCH, to use an "outside source"  {?}   :

http://www.zap2it.com

So if anyone is to blame, it's me.  I've been using Zap for years and it's my backup for the ever changing comcast guide and I'll continue to recommend it as an alternate to the comcast on line guide.

I hope this sheds some light on this issue.

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

The list is now 2 hours behind AND 4 hours ahead.  That is some channel listings are 2 hours behind and some are 4 hours ahead.

Regular Contributor

It is now 7 hours behind.

Please start positing how far it is behind for you.  That is the point of this post.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation