Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cloud recording programs and channels I never heard of, wanted, or authorized!

Contributor

Cloud recording programs and channels I never heard of, wanted, or authorized!

When I look at my X1 schedule over the next 2 weeks there are 188 programs on the schedule.

When I look at the cloud schedule (using Android, iOS, or website) over the next two weeks there are 317 programs on the schedule.

The cloud has TV programs scheduled for recording I did NOT authorize for several reasons:

1. I never heard of the program (e.g. Almost Human or Being Human)
  2. Channels I never heard of like 499.
  3. Programs I want to watch like Bones are (on the CLOUD ONLY) now set to HD Preferred.  On the X1 it is set for FOX.  Another example is Blue Bloods.  I want to ONLY watch it on CBS (189).  On the X1 it says it will record only channel 189, but on the cloud it says "HD Preferred."
  4. The end time is not the same between the cloud and the X1!  Some say they'll end "On Time" others 5 minutes late and none of them correctly at 30 minutes!

There are hundreds of examples of where the cloud is to record programs I didn't authorize.

I can't go in and fix this myself for at least two reasons:

1. You can't set up a recording (e.g. delete the wrong one and build a new one) EXCEPT when the program will show up in the next 2 weeks.  Bones is an example of a valid show now on in the next 2 weeks.  I can delete, but can't build a new one  -- BUT I would want a new one because I have NO IDEA when it will come back on.  Sure someone might be able to tell me about Bones, but what about Scan2Go or other series.
  2. There is no interface to access scheduled series and modify or correct them UNLESS the series occurs in the next 2 weeks.  Yeah #1 and #2 are similar but they're different.

Service Expert

Re: Cloud recording programs and channels I never heard of, wanted, or authorized!

BMoshier wrote:

When I look at my X1 schedule over the next 2 weeks there are 188 programs on the schedule.

When I look at the cloud schedule (using Android, iOS, or website) over the next two weeks there are 317 programs on the schedule.

The cloud has TV programs scheduled for recording I did NOT authorize for several reasons:

1. I never heard of the program (e.g. Almost Human or Being Human)
  2. Channels I never heard of like 499.
  3. Programs I want to watch like Bones are (on the CLOUD ONLY) now set to HD Preferred.  On the X1 it is set for FOX.  Another example is Blue Bloods.  I want to ONLY watch it on CBS (189).  On the X1 it says it will record only channel 189, but on the cloud it says "HD Preferred."
  4. The end time is not the same between the cloud and the X1!  Some say they'll end "On Time" others 5 minutes late and none of them correctly at 30 minutes!

There are hundreds of examples of where the cloud is to record programs I didn't authorize.

I can't go in and fix this myself for at least two reasons:

1. You can't set up a recording (e.g. delete the wrong one and build a new one) EXCEPT when the program will show up in the next 2 weeks.  Bones is an example of a valid show now on in the next 2 weeks.  I can delete, but can't build a new one  -- BUT I would want a new one because I have NO IDEA when it will come back on.  Sure someone might be able to tell me about Bones, but what about Scan2Go or other series.
  2. There is no interface to access scheduled series and modify or correct them UNLESS the series occurs in the next 2 weeks.  Yeah #1 and #2 are similar but they're different.

DO youj have a POE filter installed in your residence?  I ask becuase if you don't another neighbor's DVR request could be being picked up by yours....

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Cloud recording programs and channels I never heard of, wanted, or authorized!

Hello,

Yes, we have a filter.  They installed it in 2013 and it is working.

The problem is NOT with the X1 itself.  The X1 shows everything correctly.

The problem is on the CLOUD.  It has the channel set to "HD Preferred" on ALL of my scheduled series, everyone of them (well, those I checked).  Also for the New and repeart, on the CLOUD it is all "New and repeat," but on the X1 I have for some series just NEW.  So the X1 (where I do my scheduling has specific channels for most series), but the cloud now has "HD Preferred" for ALL (well, all of the ones I checked).

Problem Solver

Hello BMoshier,

I definitely understand your frustration. I have escalated this issue your concerns to our Advanced support team. Please allow up to 72 hours for a resolution. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi BMoshier, I am showing a ticket open and you were contacted by a tier 3 agent regarding this matter. He states in notes notes that he wanted to get a technician out because of signal issues but I am showing this tech visit was cancelled. Are you still experiencing issues, if so please respond to my private message and we will get a tech out.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation