Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cloud DVR deleted recordings but should have plenty of space

New Poster

Cloud DVR deleted recordings but should have plenty of space

Anyone else experiencing an issue with the cloud DVR?  I had about 134 recordings (consuming about 83% of available space) on the cloud DVR as of Tuesday.  Wednesday morning I noticed that the cloud DVR indicated that I was at 100% of available space with the same amount of recordings - and by Wednesday night it deleted many of those recordings and brought the number down to about 84 (and still at 100%).  I now login this morning and it's either displaying 99% or 57% capacity (with 83 recordings present) as I go between the Scheduled Recordings and Saved Recordings screens.  This makes me think there's some sort of glitch with the cloud DVR that is causing the DVR to think that it has less space available than it really does - which brought about the automatic deletions when space was at capacity when it really wasn't.

This issue didn't affect the in-home DVR - that still has most of the 134 recordings still listed.  But the cloud DVR had some recordings that the in-home DVR for whatever reason didn't list anymore - so I was looking forward to catching up on them.  But I'm afraid that whatever glitch is going on with the cloud DVR may have permanently deleted those missing recordings.

Has anyone else encountered this issue, and is there any way of getting those deleted recordings back on the cloud DVR?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation