Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Clearing plug-in data only

Regular Visitor

Clearing plug-in data only

When clicking to watch a news/current video using Chrome as my browser, the highlight box keeps scolling down to each video and then stops at the bottom and is not able to play any video, I can fix this issue by clicking the "Clear the browser data" button. Of course it also clears all the cookies as well and then I have to go back and sign into everything again. Is there anyway to fix the issue with the "plug-in data" and not clear the cookies.

Problem Solver

Re: Clearing plug-in data only

Would simply using the option to empty the cache instead of the other option do the trick?

Have you made sure you have the latest version of Chrome (which should have the lastes version of Flash Player) as well as Silverlight, which can be used for video playback as well?

What about using another browser, does that issue happen there as well?

Regular Visitor

Re: Clearing plug-in data only

I tried using each option individually and it's when I clear the cookies and plug-in data is when I get a positive result. Clearing the cache does not help. I can try another browser but it will take time for the problem to materialize again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation