Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Chrome Extension to Hide Channels

Contributor

Chrome Extension to Hide Channels

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-tv-listings-htvl/emahdgfobodhknccbigjmnhpgihmmjbf (edit- this is the updated version)

This allows you to select channels to be hidden.  Get rid of duplicate channels, adult, foreign, or whatever you don't want to see in the guide.  You can also remove all favorties.  I will post screen shots at some point.  Enjoy!

Contributor

Re: Chrome Extension to Hide Channels

This extension has been updated.  There are now filters for individual sports and some other features.

Contributor

Yet another update.  The extension now loads when the page loads.  This was a bit harder than you would think.  Please leave a review, and be sure to leave and suggestions on the chrome web store.

Contributor

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-tv-listings-htvl/emahdgfobodhknccbigjmnhpgihmmjbf

This is a huge update with new features.  Unfortunately, you will have it install it again.  You can safely uninstall the old version.  If you modified the filter string in the old version, install this first.  It will attempt to import your filter into the new format.

Notice the options button that this extension adds.  That is how you modify the extension.

If you have questions or bug reports, please post them here.  If you post them in the chrome webstore, I have no way to reply.

Thanks!

Contributor

I've updated the extension.  It can now refresh the window at the top of the hour and at 30 minutes past.

Contributor

Comcast has changed the website.  I will have an update for this extension as soon as I can.  It will probably take a few days though.  I'll post back when it is up.

Contributor

Version 1 is finally posted!  Check it out, and leave any comments or bugs here.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Contributor

Another small update has been published.  You should see it in the next hour.  It is just two small bug fixes.  

Contributor

Another update is on its way out.  This is just two small bug fixes.  Before, hidden channels were showing up on most watched and last.  They won't anymore.

Contributor

If you are having issues changing the channel using the online guide, this is a known issue with the website, not my extension.  Comcast should have a fix out by the end of the month according to this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/can-t-select-device-to-change-the-channels-on-from-th...

Contributor

As you can see, the website was changed again.  I expect more changes to happen by the end of the month.  I will update the extension, but I will probably wait until the site is able to change channels on the X1 box again.  

Tags (1)
Contributor

You may have noticed that the website got updated.  I will be pushing out an update to the extension as soon as I can.

Contributor

A fix should be out today or tomorrow.

Contributor

The fix is posted!  Let me know if you find bugs or want a feature added.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation