Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Choppy, freezing Xfinity TV

New Poster

Choppy, freezing Xfinity TV

Just finished watching...if you can call such choppy video...the episode of Spartacus: Mors Indeception.  Where until a few weeks ago video on Xfinity TV was smooth and good quality, lately all streaming video from Xfinity has been very choppy...runs fine for 1 or 2 minutes, then freezes for anywhere from a couple of seconds to 10 or so seconds before resuming.  Also there is periodic pixelization.  What has changed?  Why was it good until just a few weeks ago.  In the forum I am seeing others having this problem also.

I am runing an iMac with OS 10.7.5.  I have decent speed for download and upload (http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/231956892.png0.

Beginning to really frustrate me.  Xfinity is not an inexpensive service.  If this continues I can save money by dumping it and avoid the frustration.  Please advise before I lose patience with this...

New Poster

Re: Choppy, freezing Xfinity TV

Same problem here. I'm assuming it has to do with the watchathon promotion going on.

(Update) Watching "On Demand" through cable yields no freezing. Haha I too am watching Spartacus so hope I was able to help!
Regular Contributor

I've had this problem since January, so I can tell you its not just the watchathon.

Regular Visitor

Same here, been going on for months. Tried new coax and switched tvs, gotta be a Comcast problem.

New Poster

I'm gettin choppy, frozen video and audio that isn't synchronized  to the video on a lot of stations--for about the last month.  Has Comcast increased the compression rate or changed something on their system?  Why am I paying almost $100 per month for this crappy service?nizto the video on a lot of stations--for about the last month.  Has Comcast increased the compression rate or changed something on their system?  Why am I paying almost $100 per month for this crappy service?

New Poster

Streaming nearly impossible, stutters almost every 15 seconds, then fine for a few minutes, then stuttering again...Sad how much do I pay for this again? Netflix might cost more but at least it works...

New Poster

Running into the same issues, plus videos freeze on ads half-way through the show (not the ads at the start, or quarter mark, just half-way to 3/4 mark), or videos will stutter like crazy and skip large portions of themselves, usually towards the end.

Xfinity online TV seems like a huge joke.  Please just link directly to where you are getting the shows from, because Xfinity doesn't actually host any of it's own content...

Regular Contributor

omnilicious wrote:
Please just link directly to where you are getting the shows from, because Xfinity doesn't actually host any of it's own content...

I'm not sure about that. For instance, I can watch Fox or HBO content on their respective websites, but AMC usually only streams the first episode of a season, so we have to rely on Comcast for the rest. Believe me, if I didn't need to use Xfinity I wouldn't, not in its current state. I only use it when there are no legal alternatives, and it sucks every time.

Maybe we should go to these content providers and complain instead of wasting our breath on Comcast. Some of them might be very interested to know how badly their shows are being presented by XfinityTV.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation