Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

New Poster

Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

I am having difficulty playing xfinity tv streaming above the "speed" setting. For example, I was trying to watch the first episode of Da Vinci's Demons on Starz (http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Da-Vinci-s-Demons/5162355767521704112/23444035940/Ep-101---The-Ha...) and it was nearly unwatchable. It occurs on both firefox and chrome, I am using a wired connection, and am getting 34mbs down and 11mbs up. I have plugged directly into the modem and the same issue occurs (not the router).

Finally, it is only on the xfinity website that the playback is choppy. Hulu and Netflix play back fine at the highest levels. I am seeing multiple threads that do not look like they have been resolved and would love some feedback as to how to resolve this. Thanks!

--

My Zip Code:

My Cable Provider:Not Installed

Use Dac:False

My Conroller ID:185

My Map ID:334

My Persona ID:10704

My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed

My Queue setup:False

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:False

My public IP address:24.17.243.105

My operating system:Windows - Undefined (It's Win 7 64bit)

My web browser:Chrome 26 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.31 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/26.0.1410.64 Safari/537.31

My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device

My Silverlight version:5.1.20125.0

My Flash version:11.7.700

Javascript: Enabled

Cookies:Enabled (2602 Bytes).

New Poster

Re: Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

So, from looking at everything else posted in the forum, it appears there is no solution at the moment. It's a bummer that Comcast will not acknowledge the issue save for one post. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Choppy Xfinity TV Playback

It is the same for me.  Very choppy and Very frustrating. 

The Xfinity player app for Android and iOS play back perfect, yet it will NOT allow HDMI out to TV to work.  So I figure why not use my laptop with HDMI out to TV.  Its play back is so horrible that it also is useless. 

My conclusion is that in order to play onDemand on some form of monitor/TV, you must spend extra $##.##/month and rent a cable box from them on top of the $###.##/month you already pay.

Yet Netflix and Hulu are doing everything to make sure for $#.##/month you can watch on any device.

It would also be awesome if Xfinity would create an app for Samsung Smart TV owners.

Im begging, as a disabled member of society who has not much better to do than TV entertainment, please fix at least any one of the three issues I've mentioned.

1. Flawless Web Browser playback

2. Allow android/iOS devices HDMI to TV playback

3. Samsung Smart TV app

Edit:  I did notice that the commercials run pretty smooth though

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation