Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Choppy Playback

Frequent Visitor

Choppy Playback

For the last few weeks I have not been able to smoothly watch anything online on xfinity.  The streaming playback on all other viedo sites works fine, it is just xfinity.  The videos pause every few seconds.  I have tried using firefox, chrome, and ie and it happens in all browsers.  

My Zip Code:48317My Cable Provider:Not InstalledUse Dac:FalseMy Conroller ID:160My Map ID:118My Persona ID:5265My myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:TrueFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:76.94.30.222My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.6 R602Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled (2610 Bytes).

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Choppy Playback

jvance wrote:

For the last few weeks I have not been able to smoothly watch anything online on xfinity.  The streaming playback on all other viedo sites works fine, it is just xfinity.  The videos pause every few seconds.  I have tried using firefox, chrome, and ie and it happens in all browsers.  

My Zip Code:48317My Cable Provider:Not InstalledUse Dac:FalseMy Conroller ID:160My Map ID:118My Persona ID:5265My myDVR Manager Status:ActivatedMy Set Top Box NamesVR 1My Queue setup:FalseFacebook Queue Syncing:TrueFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:76.94.30.222My operating system:Windows - UndefinedMy web browser:Chrome 24 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.17 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/24.0.1312.57 Safari/537.17My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.6 R602Javascript:EnabledCookies:Enabled (2610 Bytes).

What specific videos are you watching? I would like to test out the same videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've been having the same problem for months now. It's becoming unbearable. The shows I've been watching include the Six Feet Under series and True Blood. HBO stuff... Please advise.

Regular Visitor

I'm getting the same issues. Sometime in the middle of the watching any videos, the screens would repeat if self. The site would playback randomly. This happen on Hawaii Five-0, Goldenboy, Castle, NCIS, and NCIS: Los Angeles. This also happen when I had windows 7. I upgraded my browser maybe this would stop the issue. Any solutions

Zip Code: 33324

Internet Explorer 10 (v10.0.9200.16484)

FireFox (Nightly v.22.0a1(64 bit))

Windows 8 Pro

New Poster

I get choppy playback as well. The speed is BLAST with nearly 50meg speed and with 20ms lag. It is choppy on every video. 

New Poster

Same here.  Tried connecting to my home wireless to my cellular hot spot. Same thing.  Doesn't appear to be a bandwidth or a latency issue.  Can someone at Comcast step up.  This has been happening for some time now. 

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

This is occuring in every video I watch, Once Upon a Time, True Blood, Snow White and the Huntsman...it is every viedo I try to watch these are just a few to name off the top of my head.  

New Poster

I have been having the same issues watching Top Gear Season 20 (Here is episode 3: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Top-Gear/7444887045870280112/38179907719/Season-20%2C-Episode-3/v... ). This makes for an unbearable viewing experience. I can consistenly get a 9/3 connection, and I am able to easily stream 1080p on other services without any buffering, but the playback is consistently choppy, even on the "Speed" setting. This is unacceptable for this service. I think that maybe you folks at Comcast have cheaped out on the capability of your service, in terms of bandwidth and capacity, as it seemed to get much worse as the work day came to an end (and others likely logged on). No one else in my home was doing anything bandwidth-intensive at the time, and this is the only service that I was running on my own device.

Here are the results from that xfinitytv.com/computer page:

My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 32 My Map ID: 20 My Persona ID: 1 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: (I would not like to post this) My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 28 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.72 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20513.0 My Flash version: 11.8.800 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (1650 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Fri Jul 26 2013 20:40:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Fri Jul 26 2013 20:40:31 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: False Provider Codes: Gt, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Dm, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, Fc, Eh, Gi, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Ax, Bs, At, Bl, Gd, Fo, Gr, Cw, K, Dg, Bn, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Ew, B, Go, Dj, De, Ei, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Ge, Ea, Cb, E, Co, Gh, Ir, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Df, Cu, Cz, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Fz, Fn, Ff, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Ft, Bq, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Es, Gj, Ev, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: False
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation