Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Channels missing

New Poster

Channels missing

Still trying to get an answer. WHY ARE 2 CHANNELS MISSING & WE'RE STILL BEING BILLED FOR THEM?? ESQUIRE & WEATHERSCAN GONE. STILL BEING BILLED FOR THEM. I FOUND OUT THAT THE "HIGHER UP'S" MADE THE DECISION TO TAKE THEM OFF THE AIR. THE WEATHER CHANNEL PRETTY MUCH IS NOT HELPFUL. TOO MANY SHOWS ON IT. In the" Upcoming Contract Renewal" section, it does NOT show that these 2 channels' contracts were NOT RENEWED. So, I will figure out how much I will deduct from our bill, every month, for the 2 channels, & I WILL NOT pay for the channels we no longer get. I do not expect any grief about what I am NOT paying for, since these 2 channels are now gone. 

Service Expert

Re: Channels missing

wojswife2 wrote:

Still trying to get an answer. WHY ARE 2 CHANNELS MISSING & WE'RE STILL BEING BILLED FOR THEM?? ESQUIRE & WEATHERSCAN GONE. STILL BEING BILLED FOR THEM. I FOUND OUT THAT THE "HIGHER UP'S" MADE THE DECISION TO TAKE THEM OFF THE AIR. THE WEATHER CHANNEL PRETTY MUCH IS NOT HELPFUL. TOO MANY SHOWS ON IT. In the" Upcoming Contract Renewal" section, it does NOT show that these 2 channels' contracts were NOT RENEWED. So, I will figure out how much I will deduct from our bill, every month, for the 2 channels, & I WILL NOT pay for the channels we no longer get. I do not expect any grief about what I am NOT paying for, since these 2 channels are now gone

From the Customer Agreement:

ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT

• If you use or otherwise indicate your acceptance of the Service(s), you have accepted this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms.

CHARGES AND BILLINGS

• a. Charges, Fees, and Taxes You Must Pay. You agree to pay all charges associated with the Service(s), including, but not limited to, charges for installation, service calls, monthly service,...

CHARGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), XFINITY Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations.

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Weatherscan is obviously a very popular channel.  It does provide life saving information.  Enough with the corporate jargon and just give the customer what they want.  Take off the Viceland channel, I've never seen such an offensive and disgusting channel.  Leave Weatherscan as it has been for the past 20 plus years.  I do not want to get my weather from an app or any other source that YOU believe based on your "research" that the people prefer to get the weather from the internet, apps or other sources.  Out of the thousands of channels, most of them duplicative, but that's for another time, you pick a vital service channel. WAY TO GO COMCAST

Official Employee

Hi cstritzi, we recently discontinued the "Weather Scan" channel on Comcast. I understand your desire to add content that you enjoy watching in your area. We do listen to customer feedback. For more information on this topic, follow this link: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/?. The support page also includes a link to our Customer Feedback Form where you can request channels that you would like to have added to our lineup. If for any reason the link does not work for you, I suggest copying and pasting it into the address bar of your preferred browser.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation