Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Channel lineup changes over and over and over (Nashville)?!?

Regular Visitor

Channel lineup changes over and over and over (Nashville)?!?

According to my TiVo, there have been three massive channel re-alignments in the past week or so here in the Nashville area, on 12/6, 12/9 and this morning.  In these cases, "massive" means at least 40+ channels added, deleted and/or moved to new locations, and in the most recent alert from this morning it appears to be trying to pretty much undo what was done on the 12/6 change.  That change grouped the channels into similar-themed blocks (history and science in one area, news in another, etc, etc.) which is something I thought was supposed to happen back in April?

What this results in is that the TiVo receives the lineup update from...somewhere (TiVo HQ?  CableCard?) and goes ahead and maps out the new channels, but they don't actually go live for several hours to a day after the update.  So everything is scrambled - channels don't work, shows don't record, etc. until it all settles down.

What the heck are you guys doing up there at Xfinitiy HQ, pushing out big channel lineups like this, then undoing them a few days layter?  Please make up your darn minds on how you want to lay out the channels and stick with it!

Regular Visitor

Re: Channel lineup changes over and over and over (Nashville)?!?

To be clear, I'm much more interested in why there are so many huge channel lineup changes in such a short period of time (some of which undo previous ones), and when I can expect these to stop, rather than any specific TiVo troubleshooting.  I know you guys don't have a lot to offer in that area, which is fine.

Frequent Visitor

Are you positive about the repeated changes? I'm in Nashville, and my channels were massively changed when I got up, Thursday morning (12/7), but I haven't noticed any further changes or steps back, even this morning. Can you name a couple of specifics that I can check?

New Poster

I'm in 37214 Donelson area with 3 Tivo units, all of which are messed up now. The first channel line up shuffed stirred things up for a day or so, then the old channel numbers disappeared, and the new ones were correctly labeled and functioning. This lasted a couple of days. A day or two ago, another line up signal was sent out to devices and now the old channel numbers are again in the line up, and the new ones, and programming data is a mess. I'm watching a Star Trek Voyager episode on BBC America HD now, but the guide labels the station as Fuse HD and lists the program as a Moesha re-run!  So I can't record programs because the Tivo doesn't actually know where the shows I want to record are located.

I called Comcast's 877 number that is for CableCard things--the # that shows up on the Tivo Cablecard menu when attempting to set up and pair the card. He was friendly but no help. He was eager to set up a $60 truck roll appointment. I insisted this was not a hardware issue--all three of my devices are affected, and this was clearly a software problem on their end. A tech in a van at my house wouldn't help. So.. he game the Tivo's customer service number. She had me go through guided set up again. I told her I'd already forced connection to Tivo servers, and also re-booted the unit. No change...

Frequent Visitor

I get your points, but I don't think Comcast feels tremendous responsiblity in trouble shooting TIVOs ect.

I'll admit I do not know much about them.

New Poster

The second # I called was Tivo's tech support, who also was no help--do guided set up again, turn off and re-start. They've known Comcast's line up was changing for weeks now and should have had the guide update ready to go when it was pushed out. And everything worked correctly for a couple of days, then on the 10th another update messed up the line up again. I have two of everything now--one is the correct channel number and network id, but no guide and program date, just "to be announced". The other listings are the old channel numbers, network id and program info, but no audio/video signal. I can't record any of my programs!

New Poster

I've had the same problem as everyone else and was given a bandaid by Tivo for the time being.  I was told to repeat guided set-up, but instead of using my actual zip code and Comcast Nashville to use 37027 and select Comcast Winchester/Franklin as the cable provider.  I haven't checked all the channels yet, but of the few random ones I have checked, it seems to be working properly and what is stated on the guide is the channel and show that is actually on that channel.  Hope that helps for now!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation