Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Channel Lineup - Nashville, TN

Frequent Visitor

Channel Lineup - Nashville, TN

It seems that Comcast has recently changed the channel lineup for Nashville, TN and the surrounding counties.  Now, it seems that the type of channel is completely random, there appears to be little to no grouping of the channels.  Some channels that were formerly HD, and now SD with no HD broadcast to be found.

Does anyone have any idea what the objective is here by Comcast?  Obviously, it is likely revenue related, but I can't see how scrambling of the channels and dropping the service from HD to SD on some channels is any sort of improvement worthy of incremental cost to subscribers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Channel Lineup - Nashville, TN

It's part of creating a national standard, so that anywhere you go/move you will have the same channels. Also in many markets the channels were too random, added with no real thought process. I liked the uverse system where you simply added 1000 to the SD channel to get the HD channel. 

It also forces people to see all the channels that are offered. Many folks don't scroll below 1000.

I was talking to someone in my office who had no idea that xfinity had TVLand or anything below 1000. They simply never looked. Now you have to. It may force xfinity to add HD channels as people gripe about the poor quality of the SDs now in the 1000+ line up.

My main complaint with this is the inability to hide channels that I do not wish to scroll through. Uverse had it. Uverse also was costing me $100 more a month, so I switched.....

Regular Visitor

Re: Channel Lineup - Nashville, TN

The objective is to screw their customers. They have lied to me several times on this issue. They stated several times that I wouldn't lose 46 (FSN) but it is gone. They kept telling me I wouldn't lose it even after I lost it! There is either no communication between Comcast/Xfinity employees or they are outright lying.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation