Channel Guide

New Poster

Channel Guide

Is anyone else having trouble with thier online channel guide

Mine no longer works

Nobody from Comcast can fix it

New Poster

Re: Channel Guide

If you mean almost all the channels showing "To Be Announced" then, yes.  It's been going on for a few days and I came here to see if anyone else was having this problem. 

Is that what's happening with you and is it still going on?

Thanks!

New Poster

Fixed it.  Unplugged the cable box (for the normally required 20 seconds +) and plugged it back in.  After the long wait it always takes to get completely up to speed we got all the listings back.  It looked like it wasn't going to work at first - had some TBA like it was before, but eventually that went away and we seem to have the full line-up of information.

Hope it works for you if you still need it.

New Poster

Back to the same problem this morning.  Going to try the same thing again... .  This could get tiresome.  More tiresome.

New Poster

I have just spent 38 minutes on the phone with the idiots at Comcast.  We have had the same problem.  I tried the unplug / reboot non-solution, tried the on-line chat where no one ever comes on from Comcast/Xfinity to help and finally called.  After 5 minutes of computerized questions, I finally was connected with someone whose first language was obviously not English and I am not even sure it could be considered her second.  I explained the problem we have had for at least three days and that my neighbors as well as a friend about five miles away are having the same problem.  I do not think I ever got through to the girl that it is a problem in the area and has not just happened, but been this way for 2 or 3 days.  I had to keep asking her to repeat what she was asking / saying and to slow down.  She wanted me to give her the serial numbers for the boxes we have for our televisions.  I told her I am disabled, it is difficult for me to do that and besides, Comcast/Xfinity should know the serial numbers of the boxes that they installed.  She acted like this was news to her, but....  Finally she has made an appointment to have a technician come out tomorrow to try to fix the problem - which tells me she never understood that it is an area problem and not just us.  

We have had Comcast/Xfinity for 10 or 12 years - maybe longer?  We have been well pleased with the service until the last 3 or 4 months during which time the internet goes down for a few hours or the phone goes out a few hours off and on.  Now this problem not having a useful guide is not a big deal overall as we can see the lineup on-line, but it is irritating.  The real frustration comes from not being able to use the online chat as it is not working, having to go through five minutes talking to a computer before getting a human who can not speak the language.  

New Poster

I feel your pain, Suzi - came home to the same dang thing again.  Unplugged for 20 seconds, blah, blah, and it worked again.  I have no idea how long it works because it's obvious at some point that it fails again.

We've had Comcast for a very long time as well, and we've unfortunately had a fair amount of trouble over the years - usually related to billing.  Sadly, we've also run into the poor people they've hired overseas to answer the phones.  What a disaster that can be... .  We have gotten to the point where we are almost ready to 'unplug'.  A little more research and we'll probably be there.  In the meantime, they're pushing the upgrade to X1 but I'm so attuned to the hidden charges that I've noticed NOWHERE any information on cost or no cost; just a bit of small print that says installation fees apply.  I wonder about any introductory period, how much of an installation fee, do you have to have it installed or can you do it yourself, will there be a price increase after a certain period, if I don't upgrade while they offer it now will it cost more later..., but all that means a phone call to get answers from some poor soul in a foreign country.  I'm not that desperate yet.

Admin1

Hello All -- This is still an issue for any of you? Is this occurring both on your box and online listings? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes this is still happening to my guide.  Can not set a new recording.  Or view any listings beyound roughly 6 hours.  HELP?

Admin1

opal_pam -- I sent a new signal to your box. Can you see if that helped your issue? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I believe the original poster wwas complaining about the ONLINE channel listings (as in on their website) the are complaints all over this forum but oddly every comcast helper seems to ignore those threads

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation