Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cant log-in to TV lineup

Regular Visitor

Cant log-in to TV lineup

Suddenly, I can't log-into my television lineup on xfinity on my laptop.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I can log in to all other facets (email, my account, etc), but not TV lineup.  It doesn't respond to the Sign-in link.

Regular Contributor

Re: Cant log-in to TV lineup

betheff wrote:

Suddenly, I can't log-into my television lineup on xfinity on my laptop.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I can log in to all other facets (email, my account, etc), but not TV lineup.  It doesn't respond to the Sign-in link.

Yes! I'm having this problem, too, and exactly as you described.

Regular Contributor

Same problem here. It's affecting anything that requires that I sign in for authorization to watch a show: xfinity's watchlist, watching online, authorization to watch videos from my apple tv, everything.

Attempts to sign in using Safari results in the page reloading without the signing in being successful. If I attempt to watch a video online and get the key icon saying I need to sign in, clicking on that icon sends xfiniity into an endless loop. It seems that it attempts to do the automatic sign in, goes to the next page, and is then sent back to attempt the automatic sign in again. This continues until I close the page.

Using Firefox to sign in, I get this error message:

Warning: Page has Expired

Error reference: PXE98EGP

Please go back to the page you came from and try again.

Using Chrome gives me the same response as Safari.

There is definitely an error on xfiniity's end. It won't let you sign in to watch videos.
New Poster

Also having the excat same problem.  Tried 2 diffrent laptops and 3 diffrent browsers, Definitely Xfinity problem!

Silver Problem Solver

It looks like it accepts my sign in information but then goes to the Guide page, still shows Sign In, and it is showing the default line up for Philadelphia.

When I log into the new TV site for Guide it logs me on but the guide is not for my area at all and the new site doesn't seem to have a area under settings to change the service area.

Another "win" for Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Same issue for me. Philidelphia. Excuse me, I'm 2500 miles west.

icon501.gif
Regular Contributor

Peter-Parker wrote:

Same issue for me. Philidelphia. Excuse me, I'm 2500 miles west.

Just checked mine again -- still having the same problem. It's many people, so it's obviously not "us". It's "them".

Silver Problem Solver

So I tried something just out of curiousity.

Usually, even if you are not logged on and the site is still showing your line up you can refresh the page to update the time/grid layout.

Not now, you can refresh but it goes back to the default Philadelphia lineup. So it is not even remembering our service areas.

Regular Contributor

Same here in 30338

Frequent Visitor

Same here in Chicagoland.

I have tried to get in on two different computers, windows and mac....

You can get into your watch list history, but if you try to play something gets caught in a login loop.

It seems comcast broke something on their end....

Glad to hear I am not the only only, but find it quite annoying.

Frequent Visitor

I have not tried to contact customer service. I don't have the stomach to have someone tell be to unplug, reboot my router and computer a million times.

No work around has been found yet.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem... very annoying!!! 

New Poster

Same in Pittsburgh area. Tried to PC's two different browsers.  Rebooted and cleared browsing history and cache.  I can still access on demand that I watched last niight, but nothing else

JsHome
Frequent Visitor

I actually did contact online tech support via chat and referenced the threads here.....

He did a connection health check, found nothing wrong.....

Said he did something called a UDB reset (whatever that is, he didnt repond when I asked) and things should be fine in an hour.

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Apparently it's a Netflix evening.

Problem Solver

Broken here in the Nashville market.  Is this Comcast's underhanded way to get us to use the subpar "New way to watch"? The new Xfinity TV portal is fine for watching, but is horrible for scheduling DVR recordings due to its inability to save favorites, and only allowing you to see 2 hours at a time. Pathetic.

Regular Contributor

Typical. Clearly this is a global problem on their end.

Regular Contributor

I haven't been able to use the new app to set any recordings at all. Don't see an option for it or managing my DVR. 

Contributor

"Is this Comcast's underhanded way to get us to use the subpar 'New way to watch'?" I agree. The new interface is a total design failure (2 hours, 7 channels vs 7 hours, 18 channels); so of course they have to force us to use it.

Regular Contributor

How do you set DVR recordings with the new app. I have asked several times in the New Way to Watch thread and haven't gotten a response. 

Edit: I have old system, not X1

Problem Solver

I believe the new Xfinity TV portal only allows setting recordings for the X1 system, due to it being an interface to the Cloud DVR, that only works with X1. Comcasts other underhanded way to get people to switch to X1.

dbvirago wrote:

How do you set DVR recordings with the new app. I have asked several times in the New Way to Watch thread and haven't gotten a response. 

Edit: I have old system, not X1

Regular Contributor

Understood. Thanks. So I have to wait for them to fix it.

Regular Contributor

Fed up with Xfinity/Comcast:

This is the default lineup for 19103 Change Lineup

I'm in 95062 not 19103. 

And, still can't watch TCM On DEmand SD films.

Regular Contributor

On Twitter with @ComcastCares and he is getting the same thing, so maybe it will get escalated

Regular Contributor

or not

Regular Contributor

xfin_pathetic wrote:

"Is this Comcast's underhanded way to get us to use the subpar 'New way to watch'?" I agree. The new interface is a total design failure (2 hours, 7 channels vs 7 hours, 18 channels); so of course they have to force us to use it.

The new way to watche is total garbage.  There is almost no way to get in and if you are lucky enough to do it then you get a tiny low resolution picture that is the quality of a bad VHS racording.  There is no ful screen that feature just makes the image slightly bigger.  It is not even worth trying to watch at all.

Frequent Visitor

Same here  Xfinity strikes once again

Frequent Visitor

same here, can't log in at http://xfinitytv.comcast.net to view my watchlist

Regular Contributor

Smiley_sr wrote:

Same here  Xfinity strikes once again

Tell you what, though.....kudos to everybody on this thread who showed up to let Comcast and others know that there was a problem. Not fixed yet, but they can't say they weren't told many times over!

Problem Solver

new default zip code screen tv lineup 9~4~16.PNGYou know, this is total gargage!!!    

What addle brained comcast employee has been playing around in the system.  

This is about politically correct that I can type this reply, anything else would cause removal of this post.!!

Went to check DVR "stuff", and got this:  I'm assuming you all have received this Phil.PA lineup:

New Poster

I contacted Comcast via chat and they said that they did maintenance last night and some of the code for the login got messed up (ya think!) and stated that it would be fixed in an hour, I am now going on hour 5 and it still doesn't work.  Again the not so brillant minds at comcast decide to do maintenance on a holiday weekend when you will have more people watching to mess with you.  Just like Hulu changing the watchlist to tell you what they want you to watch instead of you watching what you want and making it hard as heck to find what you want to watch.  grrrr oh and apparently I can't use bad words in the forum.

Problem Solver

I'm not even going attempt to edit the above post.   I don't know what the heck is going on with these forums, and posting replies and inserting a photo.  

Something is not right, I almost lost the above post with image...  Changes are being made and there's no explanation

and/or documentation.  

Hope these kids go back to school and complete their education.   Bottom line, we are paying the salaries of all employees that contribute to these nightmarish changes.

Have a pleasant holiday all..  

ciao, bj

P.S.--  http://www.zap2it.com   

Regular Contributor

" some of the code for the login got messed up" 

If that were true, it should be simple to roll it back. What level and caliber of tech support do you suppose gets stuck working on a Sunday in a three day weekend?  The FNG

Service Expert
Moved:

Your post was removed for a violation of Forum Guidelines [masking profanity]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

New Poster

It is a daily problem. Grrrrr can't get in again right now.

Problem Solver

I just found that I was NOT signed into my account for the TV lineup.    Once I clicked SIGN IN {upper right corner of screen}. I got my regular lineup..

Hope this works for some of you..  

ciao, bj

Regular Contributor

It's Fixed !!!

Regular Visitor

New Poster

The kind of caliber to be expected when you farm out the work to another country.  The coders must be the same ones that coded the website for Obamacare and Hulu watchlist.  Sorry really *mad* about this.  I can't even go to another network, say Syfy and log n there to watch shows.  This blows chunks, if i could live without cable and internet I would cut the cord, but I can't so they have me by the shorts hairs. ***tards or should be that be turds?

New Poster

Well I be dipped!, it's fixed here in Denver, Colorado.  

Frequent Visitor

This work around worked for me for streaming on PC.... YMMV

I logged in via....

https://tv.xfinity.com/

....at the time, I was also logged into the main comcast account I believe.

It gets to a blank screen where it should be trying to register a device name....

I then reload my "TV" page, and it shows me logged in and I am able to stream.....

Obviously, something is still wrong, but this may help some.

Good Luck!

Regular Contributor

Several channels missing, including NBC

Regular Contributor

SandraS wrote:

Well I be dipped!, it's fixed here in Denver, Colorado.  

Mine looks to be back up and running, too. To be clear, I'm talking about the online TV program guide ONLY. Can't say if streaming is working since I don't do streaming. But my complaint was the program guide, and that appears to be back in service. Thanks to all who posted and to whoever fixed it.

Regular Contributor

SandraS wrote:

...the not so brillant minds at comcast decide to do maintenance on a holiday weekend when you will have more people watching...

This is what I don't get. Not only do they do this just before a holiday weekend when more people will be watching TV, but also when fewer employees will be avaiilable to fix things!

You'd think they would have tested the changes before calling it a night and going home. Obviously not.

Regular Contributor

dbvirago wrote:

It's Fixed !!!

Just checked, and it's fixed for me, too! Thanks for the heads up. I had given up trying after so many previous failed attempts.

Regular Visitor

Comcast, thank you for fixing this problem.  And thanks to everyone who responded to me in the forum.  I understand how frustrating it is when this service that we all apparently enjoy for the most part is suddenly disabled for no apparent reason.  But that is the nature of technology from time to time.  It was helpful for people to confirm how widespread the problem was.  I'm not so sure how helpful it was to express frustration in demeaning ways, for those super-mad folks.  Less is more.  But, yay, it's fixed!  Obviously, we all care....

Frequent Visitor

I am being forced to use the new interface and ALL my online saved programming is GONE!!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats