Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cant dwnld & see movies pd for XfinityTV pg/XfinityTV Downloads Media Mgr" not syncd

Regular Visitor

Cant dwnld & see movies pd for XfinityTV pg/XfinityTV Downloads Media Mgr" not syncd

In Xfinity TV at the very bottom of the page, selecting "Store", allows you to buy or rent movies the day after they are released on video. You pay for it using your credit card on. this site as well.

Then, to download and view the movie you have to use the application  “Xfinity TV Downloads Media Center”.  Its an app you download and install the first time you rent or buy movies. After you pay for them  online, you open this application to start downloading the movie and watch it.

To initiate the movie download you need to select "options" and "check for updates". It's supposed to check to see that your internet connection is live and then checks the Xfinity TV site to see if you bought something and is supposed to start downloading it. Once the movie download begins, you can start watching it.

The problem I have is first, that it doesn't properly see that the internet connection is live (which it is) and then that the two programs, (the internet Xfinity TV page and the Media Manager) are not synchronizing.

In the Media Manager, it reports "not connected" status of the connection, and then displays the error message “You have entered an incorrect email and password. Please try again” I've never had to log into the Xfinity TV Download Media Center app before and there are no options in it to update or enter the email and password. No options to retry looking for an internet connection. 

The email address and password updates on the web site do not appear to be updating the application "Xfinity TV Downloads Media Center”

This is the third time I paid for and was charged for a movie I couldn't download because of the same promlem. Then, try describing it to a help representative!  I spent 5 hours on this today and got no where.

Anyone experience this and has a resolution?

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Re: Cant dwnld & see movies pd for XfinityTV pg/XfinityTV Downloads Media Mgr&quo

Hi alw_fl,

This is Jon with the Xfinity TV Store Support Team.  Would you please send us an email to support@xfinitytvstore.comcast.net with a phone number we can reach you at during the hours of Mon- Fri 9am to 5pm PST or 12pm to 8pm EST

Thank you,

Jon H.
Customer Support Representative
support@xfinitytvstore.comcast.net

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation