Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot view NHL Center Ice channels.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Cannot view NHL Center Ice channels.

My account auto-renewed for NHL Center Ice, but the channels all still say ‘subscription service, see ordering info’.  Two techs have rebooted my box to no effect.  Reading these forums, it says the billing code may have changed.  I just contacted billing, and she just says that the Center Ice code on my account is correct.  I’m about tomcancel it, since I can’t seem nything anyway. Halp!

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot view NHL Center Ice channels.

My problem has been fixed, thank you!  I was contacted via email. He said “I’ve readded the correct package and reauthorized the boxes that should correct the issue.”

I would love to know what the problem was, so that in the future I could tell the techs and/or billing people what to look for.
Two techs and a billing person just kept telling me that everything was set up properly and just kept rebooting the box to no effect.

View answer in context
Official Employee

strob wrote:

My account auto-renewed for NHL Center Ice, but the channels all still say ‘subscription service, see ordering info’.  Two techs have rebooted my box to no effect.  Reading these forums, it says the billing code may have changed.  I just contacted billing, and she just says that the Center Ice code on my account is correct.  I’m about tomcancel it, since I can’t seem nything anyway. Halp!

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I have someone on our team looking at your account now to see what's happening so that we can get this resolved. Thanks for your patience.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I haven’t heard anything and I still can’t see the NHL Center Ice channels.  If it’s not resolved by Wednesday I’m going to have to just cancel the package for now, because I’m paying for games I can’t watch.

Official Employee

strob wrote:

I haven’t heard anything and I still can’t see the NHL Center Ice channels.  If it’s not resolved by Wednesday I’m going to have to just cancel the package for now, because I’m paying for games I can’t watch.

Apologies, I have asked for an update on your situation just now. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

My problem has been fixed, thank you!  I was contacted via email. He said “I’ve readded the correct package and reauthorized the boxes that should correct the issue.”

I would love to know what the problem was, so that in the future I could tell the techs and/or billing people what to look for.
Two techs and a billing person just kept telling me that everything was set up properly and just kept rebooting the box to no effect.

Official Employee

strob wrote:

Glad to hear that you are now watching hockey. Quite frankly, it is embarrassing to admit that the issue was exactly as you surmised back on October 18th; our team changed the codes for NHL Center Ice this season and no one figured that out until today. 

Thanks for your extreme patience and persistence here. We are now reviewing all of the NHL Center Ice codes for this area to take care of any other customers that may be in this situation. Also, we will be re-communicating the proper procedure and process to all of our front line agents.

We will provide some credit on your account to compensate for the experience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you.  I greatly appreciate your honesty as to the cause of the problem; that is very refreshing. I used to work in customer support and I understand stuff happens.  And the rebate doesn’t hurt either 😉.  I hope the phone staff get the memo.  Again, thanks.

Official Employee

strob wrote:

Thank you.  I greatly appreciate your honesty as to the cause of the problem; that is very refreshing. I used to work in customer support and I understand stuff happens.  And the rebate doesn’t hurt either 😉.  I hope the phone staff get the memo.  Again, thanks.

Thanks for your understanding. Believe me, lots of the right people are now in the loop on your experience. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, but I may need your help with billing.  I just got an email that looks like the re-installation of the Center Ice Package has triggered a second charge for a full season, which I am already paying.  Can you check this please?

Monthly Subtotal
$94.98

Please know this Monthly Subtotal does not include a Broadcast TV fee of
up to $7.00 per month and a Regional Sports Fee of up to $5.00 per month.

One-Time Charges

NHL Center ICE Ins 02 Of 04
$109.70
NHL Center ICE
$146.26

One-Time Charges Subtotal
$255.96

Estimated Taxes, Surcharges and Fees

$66.35

Estimated Total

Estimated Total
$417.29

Official Employee

strob wrote:

Sorry, but I may need your help with billing.  I just got an email that looks like the re-installation of the Center Ice Package has triggered a second charge for a full season, which I am already paying.  Can you check this please?

Monthly Subtotal
$94.98

Please know this Monthly Subtotal does not include a Broadcast TV fee of
up to $7.00 per month and a Regional Sports Fee of up to $5.00 per month.

One-Time Charges

NHL Center ICE Ins 02 Of 04
$109.70
NHL Center ICE
$146.26

One-Time Charges Subtotal
$255.96

$66.35

Estimated Total

Estimated Total
$417.29

Apologies, we will get this fixed. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you again, sir.  As long as we’re on the subject, I also noticed two other channels that may have the same issue in my other sports package - at your convenience, not urgent.  I think I’m not getting NFL Red Zone and one of the Pac-12 channels that I did last year.  Of Pac12 and Pac12BA, one is not authorized.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

strob wrote:

Thank you again, sir.  As long as we’re on the subject, I also noticed two other channels that may have the same issue in my other sports package - at your convenience, not urgent.  I think I’m not getting NFL Red Zone and one of the Pac-12 channels that I did last year.  Of Pac12 and Pac12BA, one is not authorized.

PAC 12 Bay Area (channel 433 and in HD on channel 1330 ) in your area is included in the optional and additional Sports Entertainment Package. You are currently not subscribed to that package.

Same as above for NFL RedZone (ch. 427 and HD on ch. 1216).

PAC 12 National on channel 434 and HD on channel 823 are included in your current level of service. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for explaining that.  I did have that package at one time, but perhaps it expired without my realizing it.  It does not appear on my bill, so it’s ok.

I think I can stop bothering you for awhile now!  Thanks again for your help. After striking out with the techs and billing people, you were my only hope, Obi-Wan.

Official Employee

strob wrote:

Thank you for explaining that.  I did have that package at one time, but perhaps it expired without my realizing it.  It does not appear on my bill, so it’s ok.

I think I can stop bothering you for awhile now!  Thanks again for your help. After striking out with the techs and billing people, you were my only hope, Obi-Wan.

No bother, glad to assist! 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 2 in conversation