New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot use X1 with Cloud DVR

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Cannot use X1 with Cloud DVR

Help is needed!!!!

First, the call to Xfinity support was HORRIBLE!  I must have talked with 10 reps with disconnections and many blind ends.  Even though I was calling about X1 with Cloud DVR apps, I was referred to non-X1 apps.  A couple of conference calls with X1 support and the customer reps did not go through.  After over an hour online, the problem was not resolved at all!

The problem is that I cannot access DVR recordings throught the Xfinity TV app for X1 customers.  At least 3 of the reps indicated that X1 with Cloud DVR was available and that my equipment was capable of using the service.  However, the app shows only "For You" and "Downloads" under the Saved Tabs.  There are no other tabs for recordings.  One tech attempted to send signals down but said that she was unsuccessful.  I am no closer to accessing and using X1 with Cloud DVR than when I started the call.  I requested higher level technical support but was shuttled to other desks or was disconnected.  

I have an iphone and iPad with the apps.  Both are unable to connect to the DVR.  It appears to me that the X1 was never activated for Cloud DVR access.  I am almost ready to go back to DirecTV!!!

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot use X1 with Cloud DVR

First, read the X1 DVR with Cloud Technology: General FAQs to make sure you are not in one of the areas that still doesn't have Cloud DVR service.  If you determine that you are indeed in a Cloud DVR market, you will have to call back Comcast. Speak to BILLING only and ask them to add the "Cloud DVR" rate code to your account. I believe BILLING only works during regular business hours, but I could be wrong.  BILLING is the only group that seems to be able to add the "Cloud DVR" rate code successfully.  Good luck.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

First, read the X1 DVR with Cloud Technology: General FAQs to make sure you are not in one of the areas that still doesn't have Cloud DVR service.  If you determine that you are indeed in a Cloud DVR market, you will have to call back Comcast. Speak to BILLING only and ask them to add the "Cloud DVR" rate code to your account. I believe BILLING only works during regular business hours, but I could be wrong.  BILLING is the only group that seems to be able to add the "Cloud DVR" rate code successfully.  Good luck.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks!  I reread the FAQ.  We are not in any of the listed areas, which is consistent with the fragments of information that I received during my calls tonight.  I will try billing.

Thanks again!

Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

Your suggestion to contact billing appears to have worked.  

Thanks!

Problem Solver

Glad to hear it. It's really sad and annoying that the Comcast CSR's are too dense to know that is the solution when you call them. They end up giving you the run-around, with the occasional hangup as well.  That is why Comcast customer service is one of the lowest rated.

Maybe mark the thread as solved so other's can find the answer as well.

UNC8185 wrote:

Hi, 

Your suggestion to contact billing appears to have worked.  

Thanks!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation