Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot save FAVORITES TV Listings online

New Poster

Cannot save FAVORITES TV Listings online

There are multiple postings on this forum documenting this problem over several years.  Is the moderator (Joe) consolidating them?  Has there been a root cause and final solution?  I am signed-in to this Form; signed-in to comcast.com and when I go to the TV Listings online http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings#  and click the "heart" I always get the "...problem saving your favorites.   I have Limited Basic and it's a waste of my time to scroll thru 100's of listings on that site.  Please provide a solid fix for this so I (we) can go to this tv-listings site and see ONLY our favorites.  Thank you.  PS: I'm on IE9 and my cookies save normally for all other sites/applications - so I'm not interested in a fix that demands that I erase all of my cookies (for all sites/apps).   If a "clear cookies" is needed, please provide the specific one(s) and instructions to delete only the Comcast-related ones.  TY

Official Employee

Re: Cannot save FAVORITES TV Listings online

jim,

These are usually account specific issues which is why there's no one universal fix. That being said, we find an account state that's problematic we do add code to handle or heal that state automatically.

You should be able to save favorites now.  No cookie clearing neccessary. Make sure you've got the correct zipcode and channel lineup selected. (Click on the "Change Location" link above the tv grid.)

Let me know if you are having any other issues.

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm in the same situation as the previous poster:  each time I click on a heart next to a favorite channel, I get a message saying "problem...."  (I did delete cookies and allow xfinity.)  After I select several favorites, it does show me the list of my selections when I click on the Favorites button, but then I can't figure out how to save this listing.  Also, is there a way to print a schedule of favorites?

Official Employee

bla50,

This should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still seeing an issue and I'll take another look.

- Dan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Thanks, Dan, but no, I tried again and it's the same--if I leave the Xfinity site, I lose all my favorites and have to start over, which is really tedious.  Is there something extra I need to do after I select the favorites to get them saved?  Also, I asked before: how I go about printing the schedule?

Problem Solver

bla50 wrote:

Thanks, Dan, but no, I tried again and it's the same--if I leave the Xfinity site, I lose all my favorites and have to start over, which is really tedious.  Is there something extra I need to do after I select the favorites to get them saved?  Also, I asked before: how I go about printing the schedule?

Hi,

Just a thought, but are you sure you are logging into the Xfinity web site before you define your favorites?  I'm only asking because I don't think they use cookies to store that info; I think it is saved with your profile information on the Comcast server.

I say this because I can connect to the http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings site from any computer and after I log in with my Comcast userid and password, my channel lineup and favoriites show up automatically.

As far as a printing a channel listing, take a look at http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/.  Of course, you must identify the right lineup by using your ZIP code and provider.  I have an account on that site and save a copy of my "favorite" channels there as well.  I also like the TV Guide's interface better and often find that it's channel descriptions are more accurate.

Official Employee

That's strange, because there was actually something to fix your account. It's possible you're browser is caching the bad data. Try testing it in a different browser and see if that fixes it. If it does, clearing your browser cache may fix the problem.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation