Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot log into xfinty tv portal

New Poster

Cannot log into xfinty tv portal

Since the new xfinity.tv site started, I have been unable to log into the site to view shows or the online guide on my PC. I can still log into my e-mail and account pages, which still seem tied to the old xfinity.com version of the site, but even then, the login will not carry over to the xfinity tv page. I get prompted to sign in and, each time I do, I just get booted back to the sign-in screen. I have tried changing my password three times with no success.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Cannot log into xfinty tv portal

Blackferret64 wrote:

Since the new xfinity.tv site started, I have been unable to log into the site to view shows or the online guide on my PC. I can still log into my e-mail and account pages, which still seem tied to the old xfinity.com version of the site, but even then, the login will not carry over to the xfinity tv page. I get prompted to sign in and, each time I do, I just get booted back to the sign-in screen. I have tried changing my password three times with no success.

The new site requires that the browser accept third party cookies to log in.

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See all complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

Frequent Visitor

I've allowed cookies for the site itself, and then allowed all cookies and it's still not working

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I have enabled third party cookies for tv.xfinity.com and it still loops back to the login page.

Bronze Problem Solver

sfemet wrote:

I am having the same issue. I have enabled third party cookies for tv.xfinity.com and it still loops back to the login page.

Try logging in here: http://my.xfinity.com/

New Poster

It worked for me. Thanks for the advice.

New Poster

Re: Cannot log into xfinty tv portal-SOLVED

Fail.  I logged in using your link, saw that I have 3 emails waiting. Clicked on mail, a new tab opened to my mail inbox, but it says Hello Guest.

Tried clicking on the TV icon, back to the login.

And why does it keep opening each link in a new tab??

The solution, unfortunately is to stop using Chrome, my browser of choice, that used to work with Xfinity with out a hiccup and use Firefox.

Nice work Comcast, you borked a perfectly good service with this upgrade.

Bronze Problem Solver

sfemet wrote:

Fail.  I logged in using your link, saw that I have 3 emails waiting. Clicked on mail, a new tab opened to my mail inbox, but it says Hello Guest.

Tried clicking on the TV icon, back to the login.

And why does it keep opening each link in a new tab??

The solution, unfortunately is to stop using Chrome, my browser of choice, that used to work with Xfinity with out a hiccup and use Firefox.

Nice work Comcast, you borked a perfectly good service with this upgrade.

It must be one of your chrome settings, I downloaded chrome to test the new site a couple of weeks ago, didn't change any settings and it works.

New Poster

It worked fine before the switchover to the new interface. Something in the new design is causing all sorts of problems for a lot of users, given the threads on these forums.

Bronze Problem Solver

sfemet wrote:

It worked fine before the switchover to the new interface. Something in the new design is causing all sorts of problems for a lot of users, given the threads on these forums.

I'm sure it did, but comcast changed it, but the point I was making was I use chrome with the default settings and it works

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation