Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Cannot access HBO subscription on Xfinity online

Frequent Visitor

Cannot access HBO subscription on Xfinity online

Hi,

We have a subscription to HBO and I'm able to watch it on TV, but I can't access HBO shows/movies on my laptop--it says that an HBO subscription is required with an orange key symbol.  I've already called and emailed multiple times about this problem; the last time I called almost a month ago they opened a work order (ticket number cr285269367) and said it'd be fixed in 48 hours, but until now it hasn't been resolved.

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 77406
My Cable Provider: Comcast Houston CableCard
My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed
My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed
My Queue setup: False
Facebook Queue Syncing: false
Facebook Connect: False
My public IP address: 98.201.127.200
My operating system: Mac - rv:12.0
My web browser: Firefox 12 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
My system type: Desktop computer or other device
My Move player version: Not Installed
My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0
My flash version: 11.2 r202
Javascript: enabled
Cookies: enabled
I would really appreciate it if this issue can finally be resolved.  Thanks.
Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Cannot access HBO subscription on Xfinity online

Start first by updating Silverlight to ver 5.0.61118.0.  Post back and ComcastJoe will be back on Monday to followup.  You can get Silverlight from Microsoft's site HERE.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hi JaylnAlg,

I updated Silverlight to the latest version (5.1.10411.0), thanks for the heads up.

Frequent Visitor

I don't mean to be pushy, but seeing as it's been a few days and no solution...any suggestions, ComcastJoe?

Official Employee

quartzblue wrote:

I don't mean to be pushy, but seeing as it's been a few days and no solution...any suggestions, ComcastJoe?

Please try deleting your cookies and cache then try again.

Is HBO working on your TV?

Has anyone from Comcast tried reaching out to you via phone?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me.  In my original post I said yes, I can watch HBO on TV, I just can't access it online.  I can't count how many times I've been told to delete my cookies and cache--I've tried it and it never works.  I have not received any calls from Comcast; in fact (as I stated in my original post), after I realized emailing Comcast was pointless I called about a month ago and the guy I talked to couldn't fix it so he put in a work order (the confirmation number is in my original post) and said it'd be fixed in 48 hours but by now, a month later, there hasn't been any progress.  My info is in the original post.

Official Employee

quartzblue wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me.  In my original post I said yes, I can watch HBO on TV, I just can't access it online.  I can't count how many times I've been told to delete my cookies and cache--I've tried it and it never works.  I have not received any calls from Comcast; in fact (as I stated in my original post), after I realized emailing Comcast was pointless I called about a month ago and the guy I talked to couldn't fix it so he put in a work order (the confirmation number is in my original post) and said it'd be fixed in 48 hours but by now, a month later, there hasn't been any progress.  My info is in the original post.

Please private message me the log-in your are using to sign into Xfinitytv.com.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoe - I PM'd you the username I'm using to login 7 days ago, but haven't heard anything since and the problem is still persisting.  Why is it so difficult to get this problem fixed?

New Poster

I also have the same problem. I will let you know if they resolve it. 

Here's what I got from tech support:

First call: Should be active immediately. 

Second call: May take 30 minutes to an hour

Third call (24 hours later): Restart browser. Doesn't work? [hung up]

Fourth call: Currently waiting in line... I'll keep ya posted. 

I'm a software engineer and I'm about 90% sure that this problem is a bug in which one segment of their company is not "syncing" properly with another segment of their company. My guess is that they are syncing with web services and their web services are broken. Their team continues to insist that it is enabled, and yet I can't watch anything. Very frustrating. Personally, I'm still confused why HBO wants to rely on comcast at all. I'd prefer to just order HBO like I do Hulu and Netflix and avoid all of these bugs. 

Jake

New Poster

Update: it was a bug after all... they say they'll have their team work on fixing it sometime within the next 3 days. Wow. It something like five days just to turn on HBO. I'm sure I'm not the first person to use HBO. Very aggravting. And you wonder why so many people just torrent the shows... 

HBO, if you are listening, change your business model and start letting customers purchase directly through you like Hulu and Netflix! 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastJoe -- I've PM'd you the account number that appears on our bill, please check your messages.

beasleyjacob -- thanks for sharing, it's sad that so many of us are having the same problem and it's so difficult to get a hold of comcast to get it fixed.  It's frustrating, to say the least.  I hope the issue's been resolved on your end.

New Poster

Just an update - I was told that they would fix it in 2 days and contact me within 3. It is day 4, it does not work, and I have not been contacted. I have cancelled HBO and asked that they inform the boss of the person in charge of fixing it be informed. It is too bad that HBO is not available in my area due to Comcast's nigligence. 

New Poster

I am a new Comcast/Xfinity customer. I cannot access AMC, SHOWTIME, HBO Subscription on Xfinity online. One of your Comcast representatives logged on to Xfinity online using my username and determined the problem is not related to my computer. The problem is with my username and account information not connecting with Xfinity online. I am authorized to view AMC, SHOWTIME AND HBO but the Xfinity online system does not recognise my account. Therefore, every time I try to view a TV show or Movie a error message appears "HBO SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED" or "AMC SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED", etc., etc.

Refer to escalated ticket no. CR29319386 dated Monday, July 23, 2012. My zipcode is 80903.

Just curious if my Comcast cable box is the cause? Yesterday we tried logging on with different browswers, i.e. Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and we also reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight but the representative believes Xfinity is not recognising all of the channels in my line-up. Problem is unresolved. You may call me directly. Thank you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Labels
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation